Status
Not open for further replies.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Just won this auction on eBay.
ebay auction link
After reading about the very existence of Walt Disney World pipes and tobacco...then seeing the recent post, well I had to go looking. This purchase satisfies both PAD for me and Disneyana for my wife.
EDIT: Oh ya, I guess this will see how well I do at pipe restorations too...lol!!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Brian Levine might be a little bit jealous lol. He collects Disney pipes and tobacciana. Looks like those need a little TLC. Congrats on the win and please do share updated restoration pictures when they're finished.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Looks like a great deal. Those should clean up nicely. I love the shapes on all three. Well done!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Nice find,and not a bad price either. Enjoy.
I'm surprised Disney allows these to exist. Interesting find none the less
Disney use to sell pipes and pipe tobacco in their tobacco store in Disney Land.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Congrats! ! I was watching that auction but threw my back out, overslept and missed it.
Glad itbwent to a forum mate!
Enjoy!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is smoking allowed at Disney World or Disneyland anywhere in the parks any more? I'd be surprised.

I had an L.L. Bean pipe, a straight pot that looked like it might have been produced by Dr. Grabow.

Someone could do a great Americana collection of these kinds of pipes.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Is smoking allowed at Disney World or Disneyland anywhere in the parks any more?
Yes it is, they have designated smoking areas throughout the parks.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
This is my first post in a long time but congrats! That shape is really cool and it should clean up really nice!

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
It's amazing all the little tidbits of facts one picks up on the Forum.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Congrats on winning those! I had the listing on my 'watch' list but got busy and was not around. I did win two Disney pipes a few days ago though. Working on them now.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Okay, first pipe cleaned up. I chose the 'least' desirable subject for my first attempt at cleaning an estate pipe. The unmarked pipe before...
img_2788-600x450.jpg

and after...
img_2791-600x450.jpg

I used 2000 wet sandpaper and magic eraser to remove the oxidation. Then Dremel red polishing compound followed by rubbing some candle wax to restore some shine. Comments and suggestions and critism are of course welcome.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Walt Disney World Pipe cleaned up now too...
img_2794-600x450.jpg

and after cleaning...
img_2796-600x450.jpg

Same process as before, just leery of being too aggressive on the lining.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Double wow, that Meer Disney pipe came out looking far better than I thought it would (also great work on the other one). You'll have to tell us how she smokes.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Killer job, Ugh. Nice, nice work resurrecting these two old soldiers. Can't wait to see what you pull off with the prize pig, your "new" Bewlay.
I read recently that many of the Walt Disney pipes were made by Comoy. What other stampings does you WD pipe have?
That's an amazing score for less than a double sawbuck, pal. You did good. Real good. Disney collectors will pay through the wazoo for just about anything with a mouse house stamp and your Bewlay is a catch from one of the most revered tobacconists in the U.K.
From Pipedia: http://pipedia.org
"Bewlay House was a chain of English pipe stores whose pipes were made by Barling, Charatan, and Loewe, so the English considered the Bewlay pipes a quality pipe in its own right."
You did great, pal.
Fnord

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Without further ado ... the Bewlay Laureate - London, England; shape/model 808; "B" and "diamond cut" on the stem (whew, say that 3 times fast) pipe ...
img_2799-600x450.jpg

now tidy, save for some inside scrubbing...
img_2801-600x450.jpg

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
What other stampings does you WD pipe have?
No other markings on the Disney pipe ... :(
that Meer Disney pipe came out looking far better than I thought it would
I was unsure of the condition of the meer lining goin in, I thought it was coming out as yellow dust! I may try it out as is, but wouldn't mind trying to remove some more of the black inside the bowl. Not too sure how yet. I will get to searching soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.