PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
A while back someone recommended villager - mid day - just spoke with cupojoes it is being discontinued - they have a supply in stock but none after that so place an order for some tins if you like it - just tried it & wanted more & got the news
now its 2 pipes mag put me onto that are discontinued - london blend burley & mid day - you guys are great but you will give me heart palpitations each time i place an order for fear of that word ... discontinued
tried it in my new Meerqueen meerschaum stock - awesome workmanship - i smoke hot so could smell the wax but i hold my pipes by the stem anyways

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I am fortunate in my love for Villiger 1888 Mid-Day that I have a fair number of tins stocked away. That said, I will now smoke these not with the wanton abandon I had before, but only as special treats to myself. This said,

I have never tried it, but I have smelled the tin note of Stanwell Melange and it is identical to Mid-Day. Food for thought...
-Jason

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
There was a thread the other day regarding this very topic. IIRC, I think Russ himself said the whole line was going away in tins but was it was possible that the more popular ones were going to stay around in bulk. I myself have 13 tins socked away and will have to try to get more before they are long gone.
I also think this is another reason to possibly cellar aromatics as well. Public tastes change and once it does, a beloved aromatic is just as easily lost as any other blend.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
NO!
I'm not crying guys, I just ...
I have smoke in my eyes!
Honest!
(Seriously this is a gigantic bummer).

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
That's a shame, I see Villager has already disappeared from the list on a few sites, Early Day is my favorite of the bunch, just order a bunch from P&C hope I don't get a call/email saying they can't fill the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.