PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm making up my next order from 4Noggins and I'd like to try my hand at a plug. I think they look fantastic, I think preparing a plug would be a very relaxing ritual and I'm sure the taste must be just that little bit more intense than even a flake. Problem is I'm a nic wimp and I don't want something that will choke a bear! I've got 2 tins of GLP Gaslight in my cart and I'd like to try something in the vein of a VA or VAPER for another plug choice. Any suggestions from the brother/sisterhood?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I plan on adding a plug (Peterson perfect plug most likely) and some Brown Boogie rope to my next order as well. Good luck with yours!!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Plug is awesome. Intense flavors like flake cut and the added bonus of getting to play with it during prep. I have a tin of PPP in my cellar I have forgot about until blueeyedogre mentioned it. Maybe I'll break the seal once I finish up the tin of Gaslight I have open now.
I use a folding knife with a tanto style blade tip that works fine for the job. I've tried a few other blades and keep going back to the tanto tip blade.

May 31, 2012
Whenever 4Noggins get some Wessex Gold Brick back in stock, be sure to check it out, it'd probably be right up yer alley, sweet Va. quite mellow 'n mild, not as stout as most of the dark plugs.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Check out Glynn at. http://www.gqtobaccos.com/search.php?search_query=Plug&x=-874&y=-40
Mick mcquaid is really good... But SG full Virginia plug is my favorite... Smoked it this afternoon while working on some mouthpieces
I still have some Revor Plug to try and will be ordering some Warrior plig after the new year... You can even order samples so you can try different ones
Ilstead also makes a good plug with dark fired Kentucky... Many many choices.
James

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I am also waiting for Wessex Gold Brick to be in stock.

I look forward to checking this out.

May 31, 2012
James,

That's great news about Glynn, those are awesome prices. Can he accept cc orders, or must one do an international money order or something?
Also, I've been itchin' to try that Ilsted dark-fired plug!

I've only seen it on the German shop sites,

have you had it?

And if so,

what say ye?

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Glynn takes cc, but I use PayPal with him... It's easier and quicker...and nobody can dispute the charges as does happen
For the instead plug I like it... Still want to try their other blend... Www.falkum.de is where I pick mine up at, but I can just drive by,and buy it... He ships internationally also.. Just type plug in the search function.. Halfway down on the left... You can also change the language to English to make it easier
James

Status
Not open for further replies.