PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
First I would like to say hello to all the newby's.
Second I am back, but not for long. Still looking for work. Have had to resort to the library to do job searching and not much time for me to get on here. I have missed you guys. :crying:
A many thanks to many of you guys that have been helping me out with tobacco here and there. All of you guys have asked for nothing in return but to pay it forward. I intend on doing so with a little extra to you that have helped me fill my pipe more than a few times.
The plan so far... I have sold all my fire arms, had yard sales, and am contemplating selling my truck next. This week we will be finalizing the details with our lawyer for bankruptcy. Our options have been slim and this is the only responsable outcome.
I will get on as often as possible but it will be sparingly as internet is considered a luxury to the courts. Wish me luck as I have 8 interviews over the next 3 weeks and am still doing the stay at home dad thing and juggling what odd jobs I can find. Happy puffing guys. PM me if you want as I check my email frequently, and I get a notice every time I receive a pm.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hey toker - I wish you a lot of luck with your job search. Sorry to hear how things are financially - seems there's a lot of that going around these days. Keep your chin up and we hope to see you here when you can. Also, I think a case can be made that having an internet connection isn't a luxury these days - it's a necessity, especially for someone searching for work. Good luck with that.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I think a case can be made that having an internet connection isn't a luxury these days - it's a necessity, especially for someone searching for work.
That is a very good point!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'd be battier than I am already if I could keep track of where everyone has been ... but, good luck with the job search ... if the national averages actually mean anything, things appear to be turning around a bit.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Stay the course, sounds like you have the right attitude to pull through. Good luck!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Sorry to hear your are still having troubles. Hopefully one of these interviews will work out for you. If you need to talk you can always PM me.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Don't feel bad. It's awful everywhere. My boss just got told his position was being eliminated today so I may be the next domino to fall. I'm already looking so hopefully I can have a plan together before it happens.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
All those interviews support the spaghetti principal, Toker. If you keep throwing enough of it against the wall some of it will stick eventually.
You're in my prayers, friend. I've been downsized twice in the last 10 years and that really sucks ass when you're pushing fifty like I was.
My only advice is don't quit. Ever. Keep your feet moving and do not stop. If the burger joint pays more than worker's comp, start flipping patties. Some employers, I promise you, will find that a testament to your character.
Stay well.
Fnord.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Hey Toker,

Keep up the fight.

I'm an on the road sales rep and remember, Internet is free at most coffee shops, supermarkets and McDonalds...

Also check out you local parks and the library will let you on also.
Good luck.
Cheers,

Rick

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Good luck brother. Its a jungle out there. Its an everyday battle not to get eaten by the tigers and wolves. I filed for bankruptcy 12 years ago on some astronomical amount of money and it was a great move. Just keep your head up!!!

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Toker, Have faith, it will all work out the way it's supposed to. Prayers your way. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.