PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2016
Which pipe is your diamond in the rough? Mine is a Dulcet F495 pot shaped briar. It looks rough with its many fills. However, it is only outsmoked by my Pete system pipe. The Pete cost me $155, the Dulcet cost me $10. Share your diamond in the rough story.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I own a no name round shank bulldog I bought at a flea market for $5. I cleaned it up and removed a zillion years worth of grime and then patched the stem. It says "made in london". Its a great little smoker. One of my favorite truck pipes.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
An Orlik Deluxe Old Bond Street Nose Warmer..great smoker.. very small that I can fit into my pocket.. and a lovely grain as well..

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
This rusticated GBD, one of the first pipes I baught, paid &20 on Ebay and had it restored, smokes like a dream
imag0326-600x336.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I own everything from cobs up to commissioned artisan pieces, and two Webers zulus I got for near nothing on eBay are a couple of great smokers. One is a "Filter Smoke", and the other is a "Deep Grain" with a 14K gold band, and after a bit of a cleanup, both typically are found with me at work or long road trips.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
A Dr. Grabow Royal Duke bent bulldog (shape #83, for those who are into that sort of thing). Not a great stain color, absolutely fugly rustication, and just riddled with fills. But boy, does she burn Lat bombs like nobody's business! Got a nice wide, comfortable stem, to boot.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
A mid 80's Barlings straight brandy with a saddle stem. A pipe that smokes as good as anything I have ever owned and better than most. Every time I think I deserve and can afford something "better" I smoke it and forget about something better.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I have an Ardor second, stamped Angelo (terrible off kilter stamp too,) and it has a few fills, ugly grain that goes every which way. It's a chubby Dublin, probably group six or larger since I can fit two University Flakes in it, but it's a champ of a smoker and I reach for it often. I've made it worse with some rim char (it was one of my first.) I picked it up on eBay for 15 or 20 big ones.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
A Brigham 2-Dot bent apple (shape 229). It's not very "rough", and I got it new, however it's a lower end pipe, with some larger fills and a not-so-stellar grain. It smokes, and feels, great.
I've dedicated it to Skiff Mixture. That pipe sees a lot of use and just keeps plugging away like a champ.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I have a very old Peterson Canadian given to me by a family friend. The bit's been chewed and it's got a silver band repair to the stem. But it's incredibly light for its size and a really sweet smoker. I should have it cleaned up properly.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
A free Borkum Riff pipe I got through some sale on P&C. It's a good reminder that I'd be a dumb fool to buy a Castello.

Status
Not open for further replies.