PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
There isn't much in regards to pipes and pipe tobacco around this area. Most of the B&M's have turned into cigar only shops. I stopped by an Up in Smoke which I used to frequent a few years ago, and their pipe cabinets were completely empty. They had a few tins of Erik Stokkebye 4th generation line collecting dust on the shelf, but pretty much nothing else.
There is a cigar bar called Cigar Frogs. You can buy cigars and smoke them at the bar, or on the patio there. They have a small pipe and pipe tobacco selection, but mostly for show. It is a good spot to go sit on the patio, have a drink and enjoy a pipe though. They are very welcoming to pipe smokers.

ricebiscuit

Lurker
Aug 28, 2018
Fort Worth, Texas
Make the trek down to Fort Worth for the Texas Pipe Show on Oct. 6th at Pops Safari! Will be a great time. Pops has pipe tobacco, but they keep it in a back room. You have to ask and they will take you back for a look. They have a bunch of C&D blends as well as a few others.
Trey

Jan 8, 2013
I really want to say Tobacco Lane on The Square in Fort Worth. But I hear they shut the doors on that one :( But there's a location in Arlington and in Weatherford that I've not visited before. The fort Worth location had a somewhat decent supply of pipes, and a great supply of bulk tobacco in jars. They would recommend opening the jars for a sniff and used to allow samples as well so you could load a pipe and have a smoke. I believe the FDA put a stop to samples, however. They also had an assortment of tins on the shelf behind the counter. I'm sure The Square people moved to one of the other locations, and if so they're great people. Some of them were working at a location that used to be at a local mall way back when I was a kid! If you can get to Weatherford, or Arlington, they might be worth checking out.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Cigar Frogs was on my list thanks
Will try to get to the show on the 6th
I have now added Tobacco Lane in my que
Thanks for the Info

Status
Not open for further replies.