Delusions of a Dunhill.........??? Tips for buying...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongvl

Lurker
Feb 11, 2016
Kent, England
Hi All,
Thinking of picking up a one-and-only Dunhill for my next pipe....

BUT-

Any tips for me / where to buy that will be a good price and to ship to UK?
Many thanks again all for all your help.....

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Briar Blues is a good source for Estate Dunhills as is Smoking Pipes. SPC has good (occasionally VERY good) prices on estates, but they move pretty quickly, so if you see one priced right and in good shape it probably won't last. The good thing about SPC is they get new Dunhill estates in nearly every day, so if you miss one you liked rest assured there will be another one you like just as well along soon. I just grabbed another one from SPC in fact. Not sure about shipping to the UK with either of them...

Smoking Pipes

Briar Blues

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
For a one and only, I'd buy from either of the Italian sites mentioned, which advertise on this site and you'll get a great price on a new Dunhill vs an estate from one of the pricier US sites. Look forward to seeing what you purchase.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I agree that Al Pascia in Milan is a great site for buying new Dunhills. They have a great selection, great prices, and free shipping.
Buying from the US is probably a bad idea because Dunhill prices are often quite inflated on US retailer sites. Then there is shipping to the UK on top. It seems mad to pay to ship a British pipe from the US to Britain.
But if you are in the UK, why don't you buy in the UK? J.N. Barber is a great UK online retailer for Dunhills (smoke.co.uk).
There are plenty of good UK sellers of estate Dunhills too. Site sponsor mkelaw-pipes.com, or estatepipes.co.uk, for example.

jasongvl

Lurker
Feb 11, 2016
Kent, England
Many thanks guys!
I will have to have a good hunt when I get home! To be honest, I have looked far and wide for a cheaper estate pipe but the style and grain/colour I like only comes up once-in-a-blue-moon, so I may have to buy a new (assuming that I don't have to sell my body........too much....in order to afford it haha).
Will keep everyone updated and will let you all know what I have decided on :)
:puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
New? Al Pascia
Estate:

Shell finish pipes are the most affordable. I believe this person is a member here.

http://www.estatepipeshop.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.