saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
with-great-power-comes-great-electric-bill.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes, we hope to only close threads. Although it's been fun reading threads about threads that go poof in the night.
:puffpipe: :twisted:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Where do deleted posts go? Are they just not accessible, buried in the concrete floor of Kevin's cellar? Are they loaded into some kind of cannon, the packets blasted into the ether of cyberspace? How, indeed, can a post count be lowered simply because a post is deleted? Did the poster not in fact post? What if I am thrown off the board for questioning where deleted posts go? Was I never here? Or, rather, there?
Simply erasing a thread shouldn't reduce one's count. the post was typed and posted. How are mere mortals, I'm speaking of the mods, certainly not Kevin, able to erase a moment in time which did in fact exist at one time as a tangible item, capable of being printed and, as it appeared on the internet, must be a great truth.
I am baffled. But, then I now go through life more baffled than not.
These are questions which merit answers. Or not!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Someday, when the stars are properly aligned, someone will hack into the forbidden memory banks of the Matrix and will restore the Great Starcat Thread to the web. And then the world will end.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Someday, when the stars are properly aligned, someone will hack into the forbidden memory banks of the Matrix and will restore the Great Starcat Thread to the web. And then the world will end.
Exactly! I do know the answer to Warren's question, but if I revealed it my body would never be found...

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Most people don't understand that there are only so many letters available for use from any given keyboard. When that number runs out, the keyboard is dead. Deleting threads replaces all those letters into the appropriate keyboards. Unless, of course, the user is no longer a member, in that case, the letters go to the dead letter folder.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Simply erasing a thread shouldn't reduce one's count. the post was typed and posted. How are mere mortals, I'm speaking of the mods, certainly not Kevin, able to erase a moment in time which did in fact exist at one time as a tangible item, capable of being printed and, as it appeared on the internet, must be a great truth.
Indeed, something to ponder!
Perhaps it's in the same vein as my time spent on the forum, currently

"Total Time Online

-18728 hours, 30 minutes"
And I haven't posted for over two years!
Arguably, those who post in naughty threads shouldn't "get credit".

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
a body like that? If it's lost, why go looking for it?
Here at the Mutter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, we pride ourselves on having the most diverse, unique and sometimes disturbing medical samples and examples of the human form. To answer why go looking for it? Sederbash would be proud!

69fbefcf5989cb580172e2ccb02ac0dc.jpg

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I gotta go sniff some Gorgonzola. Then maybe this will all make sense to me

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@David - please use caution...

https://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/mind-read/sweet_dreams_are_made_of

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Well about a week ago, I was perusing some old posts. I remember distinctly what timeframe they were posted. I checked back today and, poof! the one I needed was gone.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I predict all who post in this thread will see a reduction in their posts count in the near future.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
@David - please use caution...

https://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/mind-read/sweet_dreams_are_made_of
Zooks! and I just got done looking at another cheese catalog.
Oh Honey, do you have any unused credit cards lying around?

Status
Not open for further replies.