Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Dedicated Pipe (Pic Included)

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rayje589

Login to Send PM

So I got two new pipes and wanted one to dedicate to English/Latakia blends. Not sure which one though so I want your input.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

IMO the dark pipe for English/Balkans and the light colored pipe is more the flake pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. troutface

troutface

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What Roth said.

"Each of you be a light unto yourself; betake yourself to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth. Look not for refuge to anyone beside yourself." -The Buddha
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. rev413

rev413

Login to Send PM

+1 Roth

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rayje589

Login to Send PM

What could I expect for time/number of smokes before they get a decent cake on them for the types of tobacco? If I remember correctly English takes the longest to build up.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

My advice? Don't worry about cake.

Just clean your pipe after every smoke. I empty the ashes then use a dull pipe knife to gently remove bits and pieces, followed by a "reaming" with a clean paper towel, then the pipe cleaner drill (I prefer BJ Long's "Extra Absorbent," 56 cost about $1 in quantity at P&C).

I don't use a reamer and my cake, using the above technique, is kept between the thickness of a dime and a nickel, which is what most "experts" recommend.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would use the bent Dublin pipe for the English blends. It looks like a great pipe. Enjoy your smokes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Light colored for flakes. Why? The long stem and conical bowl are ideal for them

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. spyder71

Spyder

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just clean your pipe after every smoke. I empty the ashes then use a dull pipe knife to gently remove bits and pieces, followed by a "reaming" with a clean paper towel, then the pipe cleaner drill (I prefer BJ Long's "Extra Absorbent," 56 cost about $1 in quantity at P&C).

I do this and get the same results

"I used to cry because I had no shoes. Until I met a man who had no feet"- My favorite and I use it to get by...

Support The Epilepsy Awareness Foundation!
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   saint007, daimyo, pruss, alex87, deuce26, andystewart, eightywon, darwin, torque, ravkesef, snagstangl, tbradsim1, sidious, teufelhund, maxpeters, crazyhog, drwatson, algenib, doctorthoss, panagiotis, woodsroad, tucson, lordnoble, skapunk1