Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Dedicated Pipe (Pic Included)

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rayje589

Login to Send PM

So I got two new pipes and wanted one to dedicate to English/Latakia blends. Not sure which one though so I want your input.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

IMO the dark pipe for English/Balkans and the light colored pipe is more the flake pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. troutface

troutface

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What Roth said.

"Each of you be a light unto yourself; betake yourself to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth. Look not for refuge to anyone beside yourself." -The Buddha
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. rev413

rev413

Login to Send PM

+1 Roth

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rayje589

Login to Send PM

What could I expect for time/number of smokes before they get a decent cake on them for the types of tobacco? If I remember correctly English takes the longest to build up.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

My advice? Don't worry about cake.

Just clean your pipe after every smoke. I empty the ashes then use a dull pipe knife to gently remove bits and pieces, followed by a "reaming" with a clean paper towel, then the pipe cleaner drill (I prefer BJ Long's "Extra Absorbent," 56 cost about $1 in quantity at P&C).

I don't use a reamer and my cake, using the above technique, is kept between the thickness of a dime and a nickel, which is what most "experts" recommend.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would use the bent Dublin pipe for the English blends. It looks like a great pipe. Enjoy your smokes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Light colored for flakes. Why? The long stem and conical bowl are ideal for them

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. spyder71

Spyder

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just clean your pipe after every smoke. I empty the ashes then use a dull pipe knife to gently remove bits and pieces, followed by a "reaming" with a clean paper towel, then the pipe cleaner drill (I prefer BJ Long's "Extra Absorbent," 56 cost about $1 in quantity at P&C).

I do this and get the same results

"I used to cry because I had no shoes. Until I met a man who had no feet"- My favorite and I use it to get by...

Support The Epilepsy Awareness Foundation!
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cosmicfolklore, foggymountain, mrjerke, condorlover1, monty55, yazamitaz, dmcmtk, ghost, durham270, sablebrush52, brudnod, cobguy, escioe, salmonfisher, jiminks, pitchfork, woodsroad, cortezattic, redheadedsmoker, frankenstein