PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boondocke

Lurker
Dec 1, 2013
I picked up an Italian made "Mastercraft" meerschaum lined pipe today at a local estate sale (Fort Collins). It is unusual in that it has a Straight 9" stem - a 12 inch Churchwarden.. I cruised the web but could not find another pipe of similar design. The stem has a very tiny hole at the button and a stinger (which I have already removed). The meerschaum is more brown than white but the stem is nearly perfect - only some small scratches but zero tooth divots or scummy tarnish. After cleaning I plan to give the stem some curve to make the pipe more comfortable to hold and smoke. I see this as a contemplative type to smoke while sitting on the deck thinking over my next stepson the muzzleloader I am building.
I just thought I'd share the find with everyone. My first local estate find.
JC - Colorado

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Sounds like a great estate find, you should post a picture. I hope you enjoy her!

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I've not seen one of those -- can you post pics?

I'm also sort of curious about the muzzleloader. I've fired some before, but I've never met anyone who actually made them. That's a fairly interesting hobby, I'd imagine!

boondocke

Lurker
Dec 1, 2013
I live in The Ponds neighborhood, north of the stadium. Soon as I learn how to post photo I will. Thanks for everyone's interest.

J

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I use impure.com
Copy and paste the img code
FGBjqOd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.