PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Just jumped over on the 'bay a moment ago and this popped up in my feed, upon click I noticed it had already sold, reminding me how many eyeballs are on standby for such a golden opportunity, it rarely happens anymore --- I won a 1967 Dunhill Shell 40 lovat once for $5 and I consider that to be once in a lifetime! LOL
Anyway, the pipe looks in very decent fettle, perhaps a slight over-reaming, but the blast is pretty killer and the stem even looks good, it's not everyday that this kind of buy-it-now listing is put up, I sure do wish there were more of 'em though!
Have a looksee:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunhill-Shell-39-1-S-B-finish-billard-shape-straight-pipe-Push-stem-stinger-/112011208787?hash=item1a14636853%3Ag%3Awe4AAOSwY0lXS02h&nma=true&si=xIsUHo6MeM8ug05hc2l6jG%252BjqFE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Might have been a good deal. Hard to say. People always respond to a low price on a Dunhill as a lightning strike of luck. Sometimes.

May 31, 2012
Might have been a good deal. Hard to say. People always respond to a low price on a Dunhill as a lightning strike of luck. Sometimes.
Lightning quick, you're right.
I am surprised though by the volume and prices that some of the raggedy clapped out old Dunnies go for,

kinda crazy.
I forgot to add earlier,

also came across this Ashton Sovereign in Al's favorite shape,

the stamp says 210 JC which is sorta neat.

Anybody know the story with that, was this early on when Jimmy Craig took the reigns and decided to have the additional JC stamp???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pipe-Ashton-bent-bulldog-210JC-XX-/112009914651

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, sometimes BIN now deals like that come and go wtih only the purchaser as the wiser. The phone app is good for getting notifications to act fast when things like this show up, you definitely have to act fast.
I had that identical Ashton (Craig, less the JC stamp). I didn't like the stem work on those early Craig pipes, so it was sold along with a few other Craigs. The work has improved on later pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.