Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
My wife doesn't agree with the pipe smoking thing. She just offered me $500 bucks to find a new hobby and promised to support it. Although I have no idea where she would get the money from (as we don't have that kind of spare cash lying around), I figure I could get a nice Dunhill with that.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
My wife is a respiratory therapist so she's not keen on the smoking thing either. Makes for interesting conversations believe me.

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
You could tell her, "Sweet! $500 would buy enough meth to get me through the whole weekend!" She might care less about tobacco pipes after that.
I'm very thankful my better half likes the aroma of most blends including the english ones. Actually it's the more cloying aromatics that get the worst reviews.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
My wife is an asmatic former nail smoker. When we met i smoked cigars and have progressed to the pipe. She doesnt favor it, but doesnt complain, too much, either. I also dipped when we met and have given that up too, lthough i thoroughly enjoy it and snag a pinch every now and then.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Bondage!! You could probably get a nice set up for that kind of cash. Not that I would know, mind you...
I am fortunate that my wife smokes cigars, so she does not mind.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
@seanavan-hehe, I can think of many worse alternatives

@foggy-that would just be dishonest.

@mrenglish-Lol :?

@shawn622-I think it's the smell and her friends getting on her back after posting a vaca pic of me with a pipe.

@mrgunner177- I think I'd split it between five pounds of baccy and another pipe.....but of course I couldn't take the offer

@zanthal-are you sayin she's gonna kick me out?! Lol

Of course it turns out her offer was half in jest, I explained to her about the relaxing effect it has on me, that I enjoy this forum too much, and that she doesn't have five bills readily available anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.