Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes - Great Fun!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just returned from seeing Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. It's beautifully made, with excellent effects, solid pacing, beautiful production values, and fine performances. The script breaks no new ground, but who cares? There are a couple of silly bits, but that's to be expected. We had a great time and were thoroughly entertained. Highly recommended!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy sablebrush52, I took my 11-year old son to see the movie yesterday afternoon. He said it as the third best movie he ever saw behind Transformers and Godzilla. Not sure if that says a whole lot. But, I loved it, too. Greatly entertaining!
Pipestud

Dec 24, 2012
Can't wait to see it. Cigrmaster has a supporting part in it. He is a talentless hack, so I assume the only reason they cast him is so they could save money -- he doesn't require any prosthetic make-up whatsoever.

May 31, 2012
Cool, glad to hear it's good,

I've enjoyed the remakes.
I love PotA,

I grew up with it,

playing with apes, GI Joe, Shazam, and the 6Million Dollar Man!

LOL

jcp75ape.jpg

I even had the fortress!

fortress1.jpg

...which oddly resembles a Jean Dubuffet sculpture!

hqdefault.jpg

I had some of the action figures, the Gorilla Warriors were my favorites, and they usually fought against the Storm Troopers in protecting the Rebel Forces. My Cylon Warriors were always on the Dark Side of The Force.

And, Cornelius had his own X-Wing Fighter, and in my world, he was a rookie Wookie, ha ha!!

I can't wait to see this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.