PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Has anyone had any of their stuff? The prices are low so I'm thinking about giving one or two of their blends a shot.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
To the best of my knowledge, they were a roll your own company. That is probably why their prices are still low.
I'm fairly certain they have branched into real pipe tobacco now and I believe their owner(?) is involved with the production of perique these days.
Anyway, no, I haven't had any. Hopefully somebody else can chime in.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Some of them are pretty tasty and all are of the highest quality . here is link . http://www.ryomagazine.com/tobacco.htm

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Those freshstor tins are cool, might be too humid for pipe tobacco.

They are RYO. Therefore have no experience with their RYO tobacco.

Jul 15, 2011
I was looking over their selection of tins at P&C, and while I hate to be the class clown, I dare anyone on this forum to click this link, read the name of the blend, and not at least giggle a little childishly to yourself.
You Have Been Warned
/Childish tendencies :mrgreen:

Jul 15, 2011
*Childish giggling*
OK, Im done, I just had to share that.
In all honesty, the low price is probably due to the fact that tins are only 40 gram instead of the standard 50 gram. A lot of their tin descriptions are kind of vague, but their Ramback Balkan doesn't sound too bad. I say pull the trigger on a couple of them, and if you don't like them you can always try and trade it off.

Jul 15, 2011
I see that Ramback Balkan comes in one of those big bags but they are out of stock at the moment. Hey gage, maybe if some comes in here sometime in the near future Ill order a bag and we can split the cost and split the baccy for us to try. What do you think?

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I've actually had a taste of several of the blends. While lighter in taste the ones I've tried were all good. I bought about twenty tins at a silent auction a few years ago and have them in the cellar.
I've also talked to the owner on several occasions and he is indeed owner of a perique business in Louisiana and is a very nice guy. He also is very knowledgeable when it comes to business and tobacco.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Yes, Mark Ryan is the Perique maker in La.
Other than their perique, I've only had Ramback, which is a blend of 100% turkish/orientals. I think it's fantastic stuff. I use it for blending. On its own, it's very soft and sweet (in an oriental kind of way). I was impressed with the quality, though -- nice, neat, supple ribbons of golden tobacco.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'm going to bring this posting back to life after last week's radio show. I'm really interested in buying some of their tobacco and would like any opinions.
Thanks and sorry if there is already another D&R thread going.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Listen to last weeks Pipes Magazine Radio Show where Brian interviews the president of Daughters and Ryan. At the half way point he explains what each brand is and why.
As a side note, Daughters and Ryan only make ONE aromatic, as he (the president and owner) hates them, and even that one is very lightly cased.
Hear is a link:
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-54/#more-7256

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I was looking for peoples opinions on here of the tobacco's after hearing last week's show. I guess my first post was misunderstood.
Thanks Cortez for the info. I'll give that one a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.