Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Dan Johnson. Dan is one of the principals of The Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania. They are bringing back recreations of iconic pipe tobacco brands such as; John Cotton's, Bengal Slices and War Horse. Even if you've read the article here, you will learn some new information that there wasn't room for in the article.
(I'm in San Francisco and Brian is in Germany, so this has already been recorded and set for auto-publishing at the usual time - 8 pm eastern USA.)
Check out how sharp Dan looks here.
Dan-Johnson.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Stand in? Photoshopped? Dan looks much too benign in this photo. Not at all like one would expect after the "War Horse" thread. I thought he'd look more like a threat to world peace, a dirty, sleazy, anarchist possibly. He looks almost human in the above shot.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The article was good, hoping the interview is even better. I'm looking forward to the reintroduction of Bengal Slices. I haven't enjoyed any for years. But that's soon to change, so thanks. Just one question. Will the initial release be sufficient to meet the expected demand. Judging from the reaction to the announcement initial sales should be pretty robust so don't tease us!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
woodsroad:
During your interview with Brian you mentioned a relative who used to light his pipe using a lighter from which flame came out of its middle, but stated that you could not remember its make. I believe that what you were thinking of is the Nimrod Pipeliter, as may be seen in the image below:
th

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Looking forward to hearing the interview, when I get caught up with some stuff!
Cheers,--Eric

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Sweet!! I had the pleasure of meeting Dan in person during a meet up in NJ a few years back. He's a hell of a guy, with a wit very few share. I look forward to hearing the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.