Damn, jah76 Knows How to Hook a Brother Up!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So after the discussion about Stokkebye LBF vs. Newinster SRS the other day, I got a message from forum member jah76 saying he would generously send me a sample of the LBF, which of course I wouldnt say no to. When I got to the mailbox yesterday, an envelope was waiting for me that not only included a generous helping of the LBF, but also had rather generous samples of McClelland Beacon, McClelland Jubilee (neither of which I have tried), WO Larsen Signature aromatic (which I HAVE tried and enjoyed very much), and the icing on the cake *drumroll please* a pouch of the new Captain Black Dark, which I meant to throw into my latest smokingpipes.com order and forgot because I am an idiot. Many thanks to jah76 for his generosity. Greatly appreciated brother!

Jul 15, 2011
One note -- if the LBF sample has some age on it, it will be much better than fresh, which I think is important, should you decide to buy some LBF later on.
Roth, I think the sample may have been pretty fresh, but I rather enjoyed it. I just kind of ruffled the coins up and jammed them into my Boswell nosewarmer. First impressions were good. Toasty wheat flavor with a little bit of a fruity undertone, the cavendish really mellows it out and gives it some extra sweetness, and Im guessing the perique is in small doses because it was a very faint taste, more in the smell than on the tongue. Really smooth too, which I liked a lot. For the price, I can see why it wold be worth it to have some of this stuff on hand. Oh, and it goes great with a glass of lemonade.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Glad you got it. I hope you enjoy it!
The LBF has 6 months on it. I'm curious what you think about Jubilee. Pitchfork turned me onto it. In my humble year long experience it's very under rated.
I do think Roth is right though about the LBF. Even at a few months LBF tastes much better...it has more substance. However obviously I haven't gotten my stash any years on it yet. There's some tucked away for 2015.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Jah is an awesome person! I mentioned wanting to try Syrian Latakia on an old post and Jah goes and sends me a tin of McClellands 3 Oaks Syrian and to top that off a tin of Erinmore flake! What as awesome guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.