PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'd been exchanging phone calls with one of my fellow Golden Seniors Softball Club members every a.m. after Joe had had time to solve the Daily Word Jumble. I began to also exchange daily emails with my son, daughter, their spouses and my Ex to have a daily 'competition'...well, the Ex wasn't up to the challenge..and my son and his wife have been way too busy (I guess) to play, but my daughter and her husband have kept up and more.
When you play this game online it has scoring features, sound effects, hints...and a timer...you solve each of 4 scrambled words and then a riddle using circled letters from the four words. You get multipliers for solving which decrease in 30 sec intervals until your just getting a regular or 1x amount.
A 'perfect' score is when you solve all the words and the riddle in less than 30 seconds. My daughter has done that 3x....I'd hit the 30 sec. mark but something about it cost me the perfecto...and then yesterday...our combined times (3 players) were only 2 seconds passed the 2min. mark. Mine was :25 seconds...and 55555, baby!
Joe has gone on to help solve the big puzzle, but I'll always remember that connection.
So...here's the website...my score today was: 15421 (multipliers)3:32 (time elapsed) 770 (points)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Yesterday was my first under :30 seconds...I've had many many that were much more time consuming. I used to just have 5 minutes as a benchmark for excellence..then I got the kid involved. She takes the language to another level. The new benchmark for ME, is 2:00...anything lower and I'm exhilarated, don't ask me why.
I was hoping to have a lot of folks maybe get a daily thread with respective Jumble scores.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Awright, here's my score for today's puzzle. I list the multpliers, then the time, and finally the numerical 'award'. 51111 - 6:29 / 530 This is not good by my standards, but, it's solved without hints. I never use them.

As you do these on a regular basis, you get a feel for the originator's mindset which helps.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
yaddy306.........glad you enjoyed it!

here's my score for today....8/14/14 - I killed it again! 55555 - :29 / 1650 (this is pretty rare and I've been doing these for awhile) I fully expect Daughter or son in law to be right in there..Hope you are too!

But, it's a fun brain teaser no matter how long it takes...I've been so flummoxed that I stop and do other stuff, even take a walk, which tends to kill the elapsed time portion, ha ha.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Not so good today. When I have scores like this it humbles me.

13111 - 9:43 / 390
I've mentioned that my daughter usually beats me...here's her comparative score for yesterday's...

0:42/1480 55544 Her Hubby got it under 5:00...and my son did too after a long layoff due to his geological expeditions and other things keeping him too busy to play.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Saturday's puzzle is usually the easiest all week for some reason. I got off to a great start..and stumbled...

55211 - 9:09 / 770 D'OH

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Sunday's online Daily Word Jumble: http://www.uclickgames.com/jumble/online/daily/tmjmf?fpr=AwsOas,AwsOas&

I had it going this a.m....solved the 4 words within 30 secs....then got hung up on the 'obvious'...and took 'forever' to solve the riddle....55551 - 6:36 / 1200

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Ok folks..I don't seem to have interested many active participants, but I'll keep trying for awhile.

I do this puzzle as a daily brain teaser. It's not a big deal. My 85 yr old mother thinks it's too simple. She does lots of cross word puzzles. Women and cross words.
anyway...today's score was under the old standard I held for myself, until my brainy kids started playing along.

That standard is now my standard for mediocrity, which I can live with. In fact...I've gone all day solving these damned things...but eventually dawn breaks...and that's a win for me too.
51111 / 4:58 - 530pts. http://www.uclickgames.com/jumble/online/daily/tmjmf?fpr=AwsOas,AwsOas&

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Since the last time I posted on this thread, there have been MORE 'perfectos'...which are what 'we' call a completed game with all the multiplers @5 and full total possible score. This can only be accomplished by solving in under 30 seconds, and having it entered into your device, so it involves typing, really, too, to be fast.
My daughter reported a game of 13 seconds. I once tested myself, way before she ever reported this result, and WITH all the answers in front of me on a piece of paper, it took me 13 seconds to finish.
I guess you could say she's got a way with words.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm still doing this puzzle on a daily basis. My daughter tries to do it everyday, but she always catches up by using the archived games if she misses due to more pressing demands. Here's my 'solution' for today's puzzle.

Go to the site and check out the archives. Play a few. It's fun!

Daily Word Jumble Word Jumble

Ok...problem showing my results...but it does take you to the game.

My daughter has registered about 20 or so of these in under 30 seconds since we started sharing our results.
today's 52411 2:38 720 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.