PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I bought these screw top tin (I think they are tin) containers on Amazon. They are perfect for throwing in my shoulder bag (man bag, whatever you call your go bag) which holds 2 pipes, pipe cleaners, phone, 2 pocket knives, a GPS unit, various notebooks, power pack, pencils, paperwhite, a real book or 2, a couple of handkerchiefs, matches, 3 way tool, lyophilized rattlesnake venom, etc.
These containers work great. These are the 2 oz size. I think. Allows me an easy way to be indecisive in the morning when choosing what I might want to smoke later in the day. Each holds multiple bowls, depending on the blend. I write on them with a sharpie and wipe it off with an alcohol swab if I want to change blends.
2017-05-03-10-52-00-600x544.jpg

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
They have raised the price by $3 since I ordered them. They are cheaper if you buy them in larger numbers. I paid $6 for 6.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LY8BGMM/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I find that a pinch of Carter Hall helps a few of the Aros I do smoke. I became a bit disenchanted with some Aros quickly after finding that I really like VaPers. And light to Medium English blends. So I have blended my blends. For instance, I combine Autumn evening with medium English and I combined Honey, Black Raspberry and Dark Birds Eye for a killer smoke. Carter Hall is a quick smoke that also blends well. :puffy: Not all Aros, but some can use a little help, a bass line.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
How do you find these tidbits of wonder? That is great. So if I smoke CH, maidens heads will come my way? My wife might not like that... Or maybe she would. :)

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Laughing. I have a vial of a couple of grams of Eastern Diamondbacks venom that I used as part of a lecture many, many years ago and no, I do not carry it around with me. Just threw that in to see if anyone caught it. Apparently not... :)

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
"I forbid you maidens all that wear gold in your hair To travel to Carter Hall for young Tam Lin is there None that go by Carter Hall but they leave him a pledge Either their mantles of green or else their maidenhead"
Ha! It's actually Carterhaugh in the old Child's Ballad, but it does SOUND like Carter Hall when it's being sung.
A very good version can be listened to at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3yTEUnyYDA
Enjoy!

Mike

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
I'm guessing Carter Hall is historical reference to Carter Manor built by Robert "King" Carter, a pre-revolution tobacco planter in Virginia. Not that this is particularly useful information... just sayin'. I'm also sayin' I smoke Carter Hall and I receive no visitation from either maidenheads nor vestal virgins.... Oh, gods, how do I offend thee!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Damn, can't keep up with the erudition here, between the historical notes, ballads, and snake venom.

Status
Not open for further replies.