PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I got the call that Dads health has taken a turn and they don't expect he will make it much further... Leaving in the morning to Florida and hoping we can see him again before he goes. If anyone out there cares to send a prayer, just ask that we can make it there to be with him and that he can go with peace in his heart. 83 years old, I haven't met anybody tougher. When he lost use of his hands and couldn't plow a field or drive a truck or spend his days in the sun and working, we all knew it was a matter of time.

Been a tough year, 3 months and a week ago I lost my best friend.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
My sincere condoolences, lonestar. My prayers are with you and your dad through this, and for you to have a safe trip.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Praying for your family, and may the peace of God which transcends all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your dad sounds like a champ. Just think of all he did and enjoyed in his life. There's a good

quote from the writer Mitch Albom from his book "Tuesdays with Morrie," about losing his best

friend. To paraphrase, it is something like, "Death ends a life but not a relationship." People seem

so gone and disappeared when they pass. And then some memory will surface and make you

laugh or tear-up, and they're back. And that doesn't usually end.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Prayer sent lonestar. Very sorry to hear. Peace, strength and comfort to your dad, you and your family.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Dad a year and half ago, still think about him everyday but its a little easier now. I only hope you can hang out and chat with him in your dreams, my Dad often visits me there. May your Dad find peace and comfort.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your dad. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my own dad. He will live eternally in your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.