CVS Stores to Discontinue Tobacco Sales by Oct 1.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
CVS stoes will stop selling tobacco.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/health/cvs-cigarettes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I heard that this morning as well.
I wonder how much that may impact Lane and Missouri Meerschaum.
Christie Hefner was the guest host on one of my Bloomberg Business shows this morning. They asked her about this, and she had some intelligent comments.
"When you substitute your judgement for your customer's judgement, where do you stop? Do you stop selling candy? Some people don't like that they sell condoms ... (what about that?)"

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
They never had crap for tobacco anyways. I always shop Rite-Aid for tobacco, especially as I live across the street from one. Every Rite-Aid I've been to had plenty of Carter Hall, Prince Albert, among several other OTC's, pipe cleaners, Grabow's, etc...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hereabouts, drugstores and the big discount stores and groceries handle no pipe tobacco, only cigarettes. One of the drugstore

chains used to carry a few Dr. Grabow pipes, but no more. So this does not represent any change to what I am used

to. My stereotype is that cigarettes are a nicotine delivery system, whereas tobacco pipes are much more an option,

most often used in moderation. The studies on pipe smoking seem vague and inconclusive. Maybe it's just as bad

as the nails, but obviously I don't think so. When I am busy and never make it to my pipes, I don't notice. But then

again, I may be unusual in that way. I don't wish illness on anyone, myself included. With a heroine epidemic, a tirade

against pipe smoking would seem misdirected.

Status
Not open for further replies.