PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
My brother-in-law is a sculptor and can work in any medium: brass horses and cowboys, full size period figures, creepy little realistic dolls etc. He just started to make custom Zippos; this is his first.
It's a WWII tribute Colt .45, with .45 grips from the period, and a .45 ACP cartridge on the lanyard. He says on future models, he'll replace the hinge with the lanyard ring. You can't tell from the pics, but the FMJ bullet on this one is silver. He's making me a 2nd Armored division M109 artillery self-propelled-gun version for Christmas. I can't wait. Here's the pics:
Zippo.jpg

Zippo2.jpg

Zippo3.jpg

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Oh, man that is a glorious understatement. He's the only one licensed by the James Dean family to make life-sized James Deans. He can make a brass of your dog that captures the essence of your dog. He makes a lot of custom WWII Nazi officer grips for the PPK (not a Nazi or affiliated with them in any way! Just for the historical-ness!) His realistic little dolls creep me out.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
That's really neat, guess I better not let the wife know or she will be commissioning him to make figurines of all four of our dogs, probably the cats as well..

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
That sir is one of the manliest lighters I have ever seen. Very nice.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
It is very special to possess creative ability. I always did poorly in school with anything art related.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
HOLY FUCKING COW! That is... WOW!
Colt 1911's are BY FAR my side arm of choice... very proficient with them. I sit sometimes and just caress my 70 series and even my 80 series (my two favorite gen's) :D
Man if I had the finances I would ask to have one commissioned... tell your Brother-In-Law he has amazing talent :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.