Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
logo_header2a_1452278129__95148.png

I just want to give a shoutout to the good folks at cupojoes.com. Here's the series of events that led to them treating me so well:
- On St. Patrick's Day they posted on Instagram about an in-store "trunk sale" with some pipes being up to 40% off.

- I commented on the post and asked if it was in-store only (a previous post had indicated so).

- COJ commented back implying that technically yes, it was in-store only, but if I messaged them about a specific pipe, they would check to see if it was on the table and potentially still give me the deal long-distance.

- I already had one stunning pipe, a Chacom Imperial, bookmarked, so I inquired about it through their web contact form.

- A little bit later a sales rep from COJ called me (on the phone!) to politely inform me that I misread the sale, which was actually supposed to only extend toward Peterson pipes. But then she went on to say that they would be willing to give me 40% off of the Chacom I mentioned anyway!

- She took my info over the phone, placed the order, and put it in the mail that same day.
I totally didn't deserve that kind of kindness since I both misread the sale AND didn't come into the store, and yet they were good to me anyway. Thank you so much, COJ! The pipe came yesterday (so fast!) and it's just gorgeous.
Show some love and support for CupOJoes! They have an incredible selection of pipes that are sometimes being sold at crazy deals. More importantly, their customer service and care is excellent. Really good men and women of the briar over there in Queensbury, NY.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cup O Joes is a good outfit, and their web site has taken a quantum leap forward lately after being somewhat unchanged for years. They have always offered a good selection, and often have pipes and tobacco not find elsewhere. Their Yeti tobacco line is high quality. COJ is one of my regular stops in my online excursions.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I've always been very pleased with both the selection and service at Cup O' Joes. They work hard at their customer service and this is an example of what you can expect when you deal with them. First Rate in my book.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I've always had good luck with Cup O Joe's, but wish they would list their pipes differently. I always have to contact someone with questions when I like a pipe because there's often times very little information provided. Nonetheless, they took care of you for sure. Enjoy the new Chacom!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
COJ is definitely one of the good ones.
In general, I wish I could count on other businesses for the sort of customer service that, thankfully, is more or less routine here in the pipe world.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Mothernature, I'll agree that the lack of specs on most of their pipe listings makes it difficult to window-shop.
Ltstone, thanks! The only other place I've seen one is GQ Tobaccos from England. It's actually cheaper much there than many US listings (we in the US qualify for the ex-VAT rate) though you have to pay international shipping. Comes with a tamper, gift box, and removable shank extension, in sandblast or smooth (if you're interested).

Good on them, and lucky for you.

I tend to also stumble my way through good fortune quite a bit...

A sale on blue bikes. So, I take a red bike up to the register. I dumbly look confused when they try to explain, and then they realize that I just seem too dumb to understand, then they give me said discount even though the bike is wrong color. Story of my life. Look dumb and get good deals. :puffy:

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Michael: I'm kinda liking this pipe: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/denmark/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=190821

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Here here and huzzah for CupOJoes as well! I've had several dealings with them over the years, including a broken item in a shipment and their customer service was OUTSTANDING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.