PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
Hi, folks. Asking for myself a friend. Long story short, I my friend decided to finally give Lakelands a try and placed an order last week for some G&H Ennerdale, Rich Dark Honeydew and Bosun Cut Plug. Two of them are in bulk. Well, it turns out that the package arrived last night at the Hub in my town. Since today is Sunday and tomorrow is New Year's, that box containg one granade tin and two ziploc bags brimming with a fragrance loved by all will sit in the Post Office 'til I someone manages to swing by on Tuesday afternoon. I'm rather worried I'll my friend could be charged with bioterrorism or other federal felonies. If anyone knows a lawyer with experience in this area, I'd both appreciate the legal advice or the assurance that Lakelands are not that bad. My friend wouldn't survive Guantánamo.
P.S. Happy New Year, everyone!

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
The DEA raided a local post office and residence this morning in the hopes of breaking up a bath salts smuggling operation. They had received a tip about a package with a "special" odor had been processed for delivery. SWAT teams from 3 counties, the Air National Guard, and a HAZMAT team converged on the residence. A bomb disposal team detonated the offending package only to find no bath salts. The remains of the package tested positive for tobacco so the ATF and FDA are in route to deal with the abnormal pipe smoker. We now return you to your regularly scheduled life....

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
In the fifties my father was shrimping in Brownsville Texas, we were home in Abbeville La, Dad sent us about 5 lbs of dried shrimp via mails. Mom gets a phone call, Lady please come get your package, it was summer and It was hot, I still laugh about that call. :rofl:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
:rofl:
I thought the title was serious. They will likely think you have ordered some cleaning products. My first lakeland experience was a pound of Ennerdale, and the smell coming from the box prompted my mail lady to ask if I had ordered a fruit cake. :mrgreen:

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
Man, that Post Office was closed for almost a month and a half after Hurricane María. I'll feel guilty if it now closes for another month and a half.

Also, I'll make the decision on life insurance after I see if the police dog lives or dies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
edwin', you know the drill. Designate a cob or pipe you can spare so the ghost won't get it, once the tobacco gets to you. Some really love Lakelands aromatics, and others despise them, but they're worth a try, many say.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
The only strong lakeland I've tried is Stonehenge, it isn't really for me. I can appreciate what it brings to some tobaccos when I mix about 3% Stonehenge to a bowl. It is powerful stuff, be very sparing and it has something to offer.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The only strong lakeland I've tried is Stonehenge, it isn't really for me. I can appreciate what it brings to some tobaccos when I mix about 3% Stonehenge to a bowl. It is powerful stuff, be very sparing and it has something to offer.
You have to try to find the lakeland in that one, and it's a remarkable mild smoke.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
As the quote attributed to Sir Thomas Beecham goes: "Try anything once, apart from incest and folkdancing." It is time to see what all the Lakeland love/hate is about.

mso, you know it sir. You wait after a few dates to introduce a girl to your friends and you wait after a few cobs to bring an unknown tobacco category to your briars.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Reference the title of the post, by all means stay out of court forever. I've been in two "cases," never as the defendant, but in one administrative case my organization was on trial and lost. This involved hacking both my and my boss' email, without ever referencing anything bad that was written, but offered as if there were. By the end of the process, I felt that they might have raised questions about my assassinating President Lincoln -- I mean it was that irrational and theatrical. Or maybe it was McKinley where I bore some responsibility. This did not bolster my faith in the judicial system. 'Better than other systems but altogether human and extremely fallible. I hope they get it right 50% of the time.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
The only other lakeland besides Stonehenge I've had is Lakeland Dark. I can easily taste the lakeland in Lakeland Dark but find that it is at an enjoyable level. If it gets stronger than Stonehenge than I can understand the need for Hazmat suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.