Creating A Bowl By Mixing Tobacco At Various Degrees of Dryness?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
Hi guys,

I was recently experimenting with some SG flake, trying to determine the proper balance when it comes to hydration when lighting the bowl.
I could clearly make out flavors that exist when smoked damp out of the jar and that are lost when granted sufficient time to dry prior to lighting.
I've recently pondered the idea of preparing a bowl by mixing in different percentages of dried / damp tobacco, possibly layering in some drier tobacco among the damp (without mixing different tobaccos) in order to improve flavor retention while improving the ability to keep it lit and going.
Have any of you tried this? What were your results?
jr

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Synchronicity is fun. I JUST started doing this three days ago with Nightcap and Bayou Night. I take a big pinch out in the morning and put it in a small ceramic bowl. After a few hours I mix the dry with fresh from the tin. The result is richer and it burns better for me. I can't pick out flavor nuances, but it is tasty as all get out. :)
Michael

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I have done this with Old Gowrie. I fill the bottom half of the bowl with damp tobacco and the top half with well dried stuff. I get the taste of the moist tobacco and the easier lighting from the dry stuff on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.