PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
In honor of Craig Tarler I am enjoying some After Hours Flake in a Savinelli, strong coffee on the side.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I won't get a chance to smoke until later tonight, but I'm planning a nice big bowl of Pirate Kake with a few Shiner Black Lagers.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Just ordered a pound of "Old Joe Krantz".Love the stuff and will be smoking many bowls in his honor...RIP

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I smoked Captain Bob's Blend in honor of Craig at the designated hour. Craig made my dream come true. I will really miss him. Below is my fondest memory of Craig. It was at the Chicago Show. He asked me to sit down at the table in the tent with him. There were twelve opened eight-ounce tins of tobacco on the table that he was offering in the tent as free-smokes from Cornell & Diehl. I sat down and he asked me to pick the one that had the most out of it and hand it to him without looking at the label. So, I did. He laughed out loud as I handed it to him. He already knew the answer. It was my blend! I shall never forget that moment with Craig. We were both proud and gratified at the interest in my blend. I think we were both astonsihed, really! Below is a picture of that conversation. I also wish to add that it was at that meeting that I examined all of those blends with my "nose" and discovered something very special that I keep in my collection and rotation of wonderful tobacco. It smelled like apples and cinnamon. It was a new blend called "Gentleman Caller" containing deer-tongue (an herb). I asked Craig what it was and he assured me there was no topping at all. It was a "Natural Aromatic" of Burley and Virginia containing a significant amount of (only) deer-tongue! Below is also the picture of me and the Cornell and Diehl Artist (Steel Creek Studios - Robb Pritchard) as he completed the Artwork for Gentleman Caller. It was this day that he also finalized the Artwork for Captain Bob's Blend. The Poster Art is also pictured below. All of this is because of Craig Tarler. And, don't forget that the "apple does not fall far from the tree" as his son, Chris, is dutifully following in his Dad's footsteps! Of that, I have absolutely no doubt!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

click on pictures to enlarge:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.