Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Well, I just cracked open a 10 year old tin of Christmas Cheer. What a wonderful aroma! I am going to let the tin "breathe" for a day or two before smoking the first bowl. But I think I see why they call it Christmas Cheer... because I feel about as excited as a child on Christmas!

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I admire your patience. I am struggling to let my 2013 sit until Thanksgiving and once its open I doubt I'll be able to let it breathe before I pack a bowl.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I am struggling to let my 2013 sit until Thanksgiving
+1.
I ordered a second tin this week. I'll open one this year, but I doubt I'll wait ten years to open the second.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I wish I could say I let this tin age 10 years in my cellar, but I aquired it through an online purchase. Infact, this will be the oldest tobacco I've ever smoked.

Dec 24, 2012
I have a tin of the 03 courtesy of Pitchfork. I plan to open it in a week or so. Can't wait. Please let us know how it smokes.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I cracked a tin of 2013 last week. It will breathe with the plastic lid on until the end of October. I am really looking forward to trying it at the end of the month. That 2003 has got to be amazing. Let it breathe a bit and the flavor should be sublime. Fresh cracked 100g tins of McClelland don't seem quite as tasty to me as ones that have been opened for a short period of time.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
McClelland uses the best tins in the business (IMHO) and packs them in a low oxygen environment. They are made for long term aging. I have a tin of 2000 Xmas Cheer that I hope to hold for another decade. Enjoy the 03. The best pipes are at the bottom of the tin in my experience.
Mike S.

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I have been smoking a tin of 1998 Christmas cheer. Lovely sweetness. I acquired 2 tins, the other will continue to age for at least 3 more years.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Nummy. Bring somewhat new to quality tobacco, I just discovered this. I have two tins of 2013, one I jarred to be opened at thanksgiving, one to be opened....whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.