Country Squire re-launches

(11 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by James Foster
  • Latest reply from tennsmoker
  1. pylorns

James Foster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a quick note-- the country squire updated its website. http://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/2016/11/the-country-squire-launches-new-website/

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. pipesmokingtom

pipesmokingtom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks great! Good for them. I really respect Jon David for fearlessly pressing forward full-throttle in the face of a government that would see him out of business.

"We have an unspoken, mutual understanding to ignore the things we hate about each other so we can continue to enjoy the things we love about each other."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks like some great bulk blends on offer. Fortune favors the bold. Good luck to them!

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. pipesmokingtom

pipesmokingtom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you're interested in anything they blend in house, I can make recommendations. I'm familiar with their line-up.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hextor

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

love the country squire, jon david is really cool and knows his tobacco, i hope the store never goes out of business, good luck to him and his podcast.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. crashthegrey

crashthegrey

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've yet to try any of their tobaccos, though I listen to the show fairly often. Looks like this will make it easier to get some of his blends to NY state.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"The Country Squire is Mississippi’s oldest Tobacconist. Founded in 1970."

Blimey, that is very surprising to me. 1870 I could understand but 1970? Whatever happened to all the other tobacconists?

Regards,

Jay.

...take up thy stethoscope and walk...
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. pipesmokingtom

pipesmokingtom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Blimey, that is very surprising to me. 1870 I could understand but 1970? Whatever happened to all the other tobacconists?

I suspect that depends on how you define "tobacconist". The Squire is a pipe-centric shop and always has been. Many of the others were consumed by the cigar boom and didn't continue to focus on pipes is how I've understood it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. crashthegrey

crashthegrey

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is also Mississippi, not the U.S. Mississippi was never really part of the tobacco boom so far as I know. It's impressive that this small shop has been around as long as they have, and making what is reported to be some fantastic blends.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. randelli

randelli

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think they make one called Old Toby that really caught my attention at our last pipe club meeting!

The cigar lounge was rank when I arrived to find the front door propped open and the smell of cigar floating across the parking lot. It looked like 20 or more nubs were stubbed out in the overflowing ash trays. And, apparently, the door was propped open because the exhaust fan was down.

It was a good crowd at the meeting 10 or 11 of us were circled around the high-top table. Three hours of Warhorse, Penzance, and various rubs and flakes, had left our own olfactory impression in the room. It was late and I had to leave.

Josh lit a bowl that cut through all of the stank wkth a sweet smell of, I don't know, chocolate brownie cupcakes with buttered rum icing? It smelled wonderful! I only had time to ask what it was, though Josh generously offered it up, and learned that it was called Old Toby.

I haven't had a chance to order some yet but it is on my list!

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way" - Mark Twain

KG5QDZ
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good fortune to the Country Squire. I have never tried any of their blends, but I would like to learn more about the "Middle Earth" blends and how that works.

Looks as if you can blend your own Middle Earth, or something.

Anyway, I hope the Squire weathers all storms ahead. Good luck Jon!

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   willyspiper, ben88, cossackjack, pappymac, pipestud, pitchfork, prndl