Could someone please comment on Parker pipes good smokers?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I don't care about the debate about Dunhill 2nd etc., just if anyone has one or a few and if they smoke well.
I'm looking at picking one up for a good price. I like it and that is all that matters to my mind.

Just want to know if those who own them think they are good smokers.
Thanks

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
I own a few, they don't all smoke the same. Some are among my favorites, some are just ok. I have yet to smoke a bad one. I find my older Parkers (1950 to 1970) smoke better than the more recent ones.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
No problem. Here is a before/after picture of a Parker pipe I bought on ebay. It has a very small crack line along the bowl but you would have to pay me a LOT of money for that pipe! It smokes latakia blends like no other pipe I have.
parker.jpg

parker-2-600x398.jpg

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I have a number of older ones in the Super series. I like them and think they smoke great.
Nice bent homewaters!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought a Parker cherrywood poker (that design but made of briar) black blast about four years ago. It's a relatively lightweight pipe with an ample bowl for its size, and it smokes well and is a regular part of my rotation. My only complaint is that its bowl coating reached back up the shank and took a long time, many smokes, to clear with pipe cleaners over time. Otherwise, it's been a good pipe. However, of the mid-price English pipes, I like Britannia a little better, for style, finish and easy draw. But I could recommend Parker on the basis of my one pipe. It's a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.