PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubie416

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
Hi everyone I came across this pipe tobacco called Cornell & Diehl: RIVERBOAT GAMBLER it peaked my interest I was wondering is it any good

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought a tin, but along with a number of other tins, it is aging for the time being. However, I'll watch this space

to see how others like it.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
I had my eye on this for a while and finally got around to ordering a tin a few weeks ago. A bowl and a quarter into it has been enough for me. Have you heard of the TurDuckHen? The chicken stuffed duck stuffed turkey? I'd call this blend SwishCamBoro, kind of like a Marlboro light stuffed Camel straight stuffed Swisher sweet. Even though I don't have a problem with Marbs, Camels or Swishers, they just don't play well together for me. It does have a decent dose of Vitamn N, but it comes on a bit more aggressively than I'd like. Kind of like being kicked in the gut when not expecting it as opposed to being taken to the mat in a sleeper. Gonna gift the remaining to a friend tomorrow. Just my two cents.
PS- I'd like to hear what others who have tried this blend think. I know there are some who really like it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I still haven't opened my tin of C&D Riverboat Gambler. It hasn't scored especially well on consumer grading, but maybe it will mellow by the time I get to it. Maybe it can be doctored with condiment tobaccos. I suspect they have discontinued the blend, but I could be wrong.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I bought a tin on a recommendation from Peck. If you like strong burley blends then this may float your boat. I found it worked very well n a cob. The perique is barely noticeable, which is fine by me.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Bought a tin a year or so into smoking a pipe and I hadn't had many blends other than my local b&m's aromatics and I absolutely hated it. Now I hate those aromatics and have been thinking about trying the river boat gambler again, if I can find it

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'roundtree, a good idea to jar blends you try and don't like. Sometimes you'll come back to them and find them quite good.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
i learned that the hard way. That's what I do now, and have found it really does help. Old companion, for example, was some the most vile stuff I ever put in a pipe, but after 2 years in the jar, it's regularly in my rotation. Maybe it mellowed, maybe my tastes changed but something happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.