PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
A bit ago, I ordered a big bag of Epiphany on a whim. I received my package from 4noggins in good time (as usual). Right now I am smoking my seventh bowl accompanied by an oversized mug of black coffee.
The aroma when I open the pouch is very plum-y, with hints here and there of smokey latakia, and a backing of leather. Your eyes are assaulted by beautifully uniform ribbons ranging from black to bright yellow, the tobacco was a bit moist for me, so I let it dry on a paper towel for about two hours, I loaded my pipe (my Peterson System 303) with ease and settled into the smoke.
The charring light brought strong plum flavour, I noticed almost immediately the perique as well, adding a layer of authenticity to the plum casing, making it seem real. The smoke carried a very sweet aroma, plum, and latakia evident.
I had a bit of trouble getting the bowl lit, it took two tries after the original charring light. My initial impression is the same as the charring light, the plum is present, it is very sweet (without being cloyingly sweet), this tobacco tricks you into thinking it's one dimensional, then, BOOM! About 1/8th into the bowl the burley, and VA make their appearance, very clean tasting, a hint of walnuts teases your senses. Although I mentioned it earlier, it is really amazing how the perique compliments the casing, taking it from plum to wine and then back to plum again, giving the smoke a perfectly balanced top note, while leaving the power of the tobacco to take main stage! Roughly mid bowl, things are a bit more muddled, the latakia is ever present, accentuating the burley and VA in a most pleasing way, the taste of leather dances thru the flavour, dancing a fiery tango with a pleasant coffee like bitterness.
Right now I am getting close to the end of the smoke. The powerful vitamin N is very present in this part of the smoke (although that could be assisted by the caffeine coursing through my veins). The smoke has taken on a creaminess that wasn't present in the bowl before, a light tamp had me notice the mottled grey ash, very pleasing to the eye. This blend is delicious, well balanced, didn't bite, and stayed lit with a single relight at dottle level. Recommended!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Done, and done Kevin. I knew I had forgotten to do something :P
I noticed this when posting:

Screenshot2011-04-06at112751AM.png

Second example:

Screenshot2011-04-06at112748AM.png

For your debugging information, I am running Safari 5 with click-to-flash plugin,on Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I posted a link to your review on Facebook. Does it still look like that to you?
I just tried it in Safari, and it looked fine.
I'm not familiar with "click-to-flash plugin,on Snow Leopard 10.6.7"

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
It showed up only during the posting process, scrolling to the bottom of the page made it go away, and scrolling back to the top made it appear again. Click-to-flash is a plugin that blocks all flash, you click and the flash loads here is their website, Snow Leopard 10.6.7 being my OS. Thanks for linking my review on the facebook page!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Why do people want to block Flash? Just because Apple hates them?
What's weird is that there is no Flash in the site, except for SmokingPipes.com banners.
There's a ton of JavaScript though.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I block flash because I hate flash banner ads, I whitelisted this whole site to be fair to our advertisers tho. Personally I don't care who apple hates :wink:

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Sounds like a blend I would like to try! I might have to snag some later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.