PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I just wanted to share with everyone the churchwarden pipe that I put together from a Great Dane Egg (Bent) MM and a churchwarden stem by Walker Briar Works. I had a great time early this morning on the back porch smoking it with a mixture of DAN sweet vanilla honeydew and Prince Albert. I like to mellow out the aromatic tobaccos that I have with PA. Does anyone else find smoking churchwarden pipes especially relaxing and thought provoking?
churchwarden-600x450.jpg

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
When the young lady was asked why she used a cigarette holder, she replied, "The doctor told me to keep away from tobacco."
I suppose that joke could be applied to churchwarden pipes, too.
Anyway, it's nice to keep the lighter well away from my beard.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have a cobwarden as well.

And, I too enjoy my quiet time smoking a carefully chosen blend in it.

Usually late evening, or in the wee hours of the morning.
Yours looks very comfortable.

Congratulations on your acquisition.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thanks, pipeinhand. I'm waiting for a Peterson rustic churchwarden - I hope it's here soon.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I really enjoy the 2 CW's I have but there is a class to your cobwarden that mine do not possess.

I almost bought a CW stem from Walkers about a year ago, looking at yours I'm thinking I should have!

Lookin' good

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Sorry for the noob question, but do any of our sponsors sell "Forever Stems" for corn cobs?

Not looking for a churchwarden stem but that is nice.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thanks for all the nice comments. And I hope all of you that haven't experienced the "cobwarden" ( :) ),get one soon!

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Wow, i really like this idea. I just bought a grab bag of cobs and thanks to this thread i am considering making a cobwarden. I've also never heard of that site so i am drooling at all of the forever stem options in there.

I wonder how the 6 1/2 bent churchwarden stem would look with a Patriot cob.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140788114936?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Buy it now for 30 bucks unsmoked

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I was just thinking how awesome a cob would be with a churchwarden stem, low and behold a search brings me right to what I am looking for. Gonna save up a little cash and try to get one of these stems ordered. :clap:

I love this place!!!!!

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
Cool creation...thinking of putting together one of my own in the near future. We were discussing almost the same thing on another thread and rothnh, shared another ready-made cobwarden source, Etsy.
Check it out here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/nooby-pipe-smoker-looking-for-advice

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I have a well broken in Great Dane Egg. Time to hit up walker for that forever stem. My original plan was to make a warden when I bought it but when Uncle Arthur took everyone's money and bugged out, my stem went with him.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Baron, not to hijack this thread, but I remember when UA bugged out... anybody ever find him? Get their $ or pipes?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Nope. Although as far as I know he's still living at the same place and he's appeared on facebook trying to sell pipes again. He also posts about 4 times a day on the Brass Goggles Steampunk forum. Here's his facebook account https://www.facebook.com/#!/arthur.slaughter.1?fref=ts

Status
Not open for further replies.