PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
OK... as some of you may know... times are rather tough at the moment (as im sure it is for most) so since I cannot really afford a nice pipe I pulled the trigger on the Bay and won two new MM Cobs... I ended up paying a total of $6.50 (including shipping) for both pipes combined. I figure thats an awesome price for a couple of pipes.

Now... although my first experience with smoking a pipe was a Cob a friend let me borrow, I have never owned one before, I just seem to always like briars instead... SO my question is this:

Do I need to do anything special to these before smoking? do they require a break in period? ... or should I just load up and smoke away?
Thanks in advance all :D
MM "Washington"

KGrHqNl0E9JvoY2DlBPjeYiQEg60_57.jpg

MM "Legend - Rob Roy"

KGrHqFlMFDkYBp76BQ9vzJKwd60_57.jpg

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
After first couple smokes take spoon part of chez tool and lightly ream away burnt wood from were shank enters bowl. Might taste a little woody first couple bowls if you burn down all the way to the bottom. I love the washington shape and size.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
also when smoking you can either build cake or treat as a meer as you desire,I've tried both and I find a cleaner bowl does give a slightly better smoking experience(cooler, with more flavor and less bite) but as always ymmv :puffy:

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I always take out the filter that comes with a corncob, but that's up to you. Otherwise, just load it and go. I keep mine well cleaned with pipe cleaners and don't let a cake build up. They always smoke great.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Oh the filter definitely came out... Hell the first thing I did before truly checking it out was to take out the filter :lol:
Had some nightcap for my first bowl.... I actually truly enjoyed the smoke. Nice wide draw, very lite and the flavor was awesome.

Think I might pick up a couple more, these are really nice.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Cobs take a beating that's for sure and I recently acquired a rob Roy, love how chunky the bowl is on that pipe, a great smoke every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.