PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewknick

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
My next purchase of a pipe will most likely be a corn cob pipe. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on these pipes from people who have used them before?

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Corncob pipes are wonderful to smoke from. I have found that the first two bowls are a little strange (I think it has to do with the finish) but after that they smoke nice and cool. In particular, I love the Country Gentlemen pipe from MM. I find the bowl size to be quite nice and love the dark color. I also enjoyed my MacArthur. The other pipes I find okay, but I am not a fan of the smaller bowls.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
You might want to read both my Corncob Primer and my Buyers Guide.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=The_Complete_Corncob_primer
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Missouri_Meerschaum_Corncob_Buying_Guide

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
My first cob is going to be a SmokingDragon and I can hardly wait.
Just sayin'.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I use Missouri Meerschaum corb cob pipes for my aromatic blends. They work wonders with a lot of blends but I find that aromatics really sing in a cob since it breathes so well. Never a gurgle.
Cob of choice from MM is the Missouri Pride pipes. At $2.50 or so per pipe I plan to stock up on these, and cheapo pipe nails, so I can hand em out to cig smokers hoping to bring them to the dark side. :puffy:

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I love my cobs. They take abuse well and keep coming back for more. If you smoke while you work, get a cob. If you want something to smoke while you're letting your other pipe cool, get a cob. If you're clumsy (like me), get a cob. I have 5 MM Country Gents.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
I resisted corncob pipes for years! Only smoked briar pipes until a few months ago I purchased a Missouri Meerschaum Co. Corn Cob Pipe Straight “Diplomat." I love it! Wish I would have given corncobs ago years earlier. I find them to be great warm weather smokes. For the price you simply can't go wrong. :puffpipe:

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
One of my favorites is the Missouri Meerschaum "Country Gentleman" model. Smoked great the first time I tried it and still smokes great today.
Heck, I liked it so well I bought 4 more and gave 2 to my friends...... :puffy:

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Yup yup cobs are my friends. I have smoked up to 8 consecutive bowls never a burn out, always sweet tasting and never a ghost to be seen.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Love my cobs, I prefer "The General" feels great in my hands, nice large bowel and the stem is more substantial than in other models (danish). With the normal stems featured on pipes like the Country Gentleman, I bite all the way through them within two months. With The General, I have been using the same stem for a half year or so and it shows very little signs of wear, no deep tooth marks. I would have already gone though 3 of the normal stems in that time and I only smoke a couple days a week, that's how sad they are.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Pretty much can't go wrong with the cob... Check out this thread i started, and the link in the first post!!!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/cob-pipe-observations

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Love my cobs. I'm not crazy about the basic MM cob but love the Country Gent. Have a few with Forever Stems and they are great smokers. Strongly recommend the Forever Stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.