PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I was looking through ebay earlier and came across this.

Meerschaum%20pipe05.JPG

I play D&D (pencil & paper) with a group of friends every other week, and I thought this was awesome. Yeah, I know, I'm a dork. I just had to share it with everyone; thought you guys would appreciate it.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I wonder how many here are as much of a dork as I am and know what this is?

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
Well, I don't know if I recognize this from the D&D world, but it sure looks like HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
You are right iajaffe, they did a campaign book with Cthulhu. So, I guess not D&D really, but that's why I instantly recognized it,

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Its sort of a shame that all the meerschaum is carved in Turky. It excludes outside influense, and the pipes end up being the same thing over and over again. Nice to see the ones that are different !

arinbjorn

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
Ahem...
"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"
I'd say that every time I filled a bowl =D
I would buy that in a pinch if I could afford it - totally awesome. I agree with Lonestar.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
HP Lovecraft was a kooky and entirely too accurate fellow. And yes that meer does look Cthulhu-ish to me.
I still do not own a meerschaum. I still wonder about their fragility.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Interesting! I don't know anything about the games you mentioned, but this nice big block of meerschaum might have gone to something beautiful instead of this... this thing.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
topd you know that saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I realize to most people this is ugly; to me it is great because it ties two of my hobbies together. I would love to find out who carved this; the listing said it was signed, but I could not find it in any of the pictures (could be because I've had a few too many tonight). The attention to detail is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.