PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Is it possible that I can be a Pipe addict after only 1 week? Last Weds I bought my 1st pipe, a cheap multi-tool tamper, some .99 cent matches and a 1 oz blend. I so thoroughly enjoyed it. Smoked 3 bowls since then on that pipe. Then last night, I bought myself a birthday present. Two more pipes (one was a Meerchaum and the other was a nice long stem Peterson), a combo pipe/cigar Lotus lighter, pipe cleaners, and 2 sample bags of tobacco (1.Q and Captain Black). Went home last night and had a very fine smoke on the Meerchaum. Then today at work (on my break of course :nana:) I was cruising ebay and saw another Meerchaum that appealed to me so I bought that one too. Here it is:
Oh, and I also have watched a ton of videos of people making pipes. I am fascinated with people who can do that. So have a grand total of 4 bowls under the belt but I have all of this stuff already. I don’t even know what I’m doing yet, other than enjoying the heck out of it! Do I need professional help with this addiction? Is there a Dr. in the house?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Meerschaum-Pipe-Hand-Carved-Grapes-Near-Mint-Estate-Barely-if-ever-Used-/121024666612?nma=true&si=txXM2Dq%2BWVmcKXnb0yiSTSxalMw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice looking Meer. If you liked the 1-Q check out Dan Tobacco Blue Note, Mac Baren 7 Sea's Royal and CAO Moontrance. All good aromatics.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I need to smoke my Meers more...
Welcome to the hobby. I have been smoking my pipe for about 16 years and it is one of the true pleasures in life. And I am still learning.
Jason

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
yw zono.
I've been smoking mostly aromatics but I'm going to start looking into some non aro's like the Escudo Navy De Lux. So you might want to look around here for any non aro recommendations. I know some people say to try the Dunhill early morning pipe as it's a good introduction to english style tobacco's. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That's a nice Meerschaum! I've never heard of the maker before so it's even more interesting. My first one was a grape leaf pattern, too and I smoked it almost every day for a year. It got some nice color and yours will, too!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a great looking pipe! Heck of a price for a block Meerschaum. Very nice stem and pattern on the bowl. Welcome aboard and enjoy!
Oh, not to be an enabler or anything but you may want to pick up one of these to rest/display your new and future pipes in. :D
84 Pipe Rack Cabinet

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I believe that your pipe is much older than 20 years..... That packaging and leaflets look to have come from the 70's to me.

Welcome to the forums!

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
My first english blend was dunhill night cap and i loved it! It had alot of latakia taste i thought but not to strong, although it does have alot of nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.