PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Anyone know if Condor is available at the duty free at Heathrow? II'm flying in a few weeks and have a three hour layover there.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Hi Andy - I think so. As you know I just buy the usual and grab my plane. I seem to remember seeing the Dutch and Norwegian blends.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Cheers pal - I'll have a look next time I go through and - while I'm grabbing some blends - get some pics of the shelf so that I can draft a list and stick it on the site for other travellers.
Andy

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Duty Free next to the pub before you hit the travelators going to gate 13 onward
Those are some damn fine directions, condor! I expected either a "no" or "yes, look around and you'll find some" but your description is as good as it gets! Thanks!!
@Andy, my trip is in a couple of weeks so if you don't get your pics by then I'll take a few for you.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
So, I finally got around to learning how to post pictures here, so I wanted to update this post. Condorlover was spot on with his description. You can find Condor at the Duty Free in Terminal 5 just past gate 11, if memory serves. It comes in 5 packs of 25 grams each for about 28 pounds or so. From what I understand all international flights will land at Terminal 5. However, on my last trip to the States after going to Terminal 5 to check-in, we were told that our flight was departing from another terminal and we'd have to take a small shuttle. No big deal, I thought, I'll just pick up some Condor there--bad choice! I hunted high and low at the other shops but Condor was nowhere to be found. So, don't make the same mistake I did--if you are in Terminal 5 this is the only place you can get it! They also have St. Bruno's! Happy travels!
img_1359-600x450.jpg

img_1358-600x450.jpg

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
You're welcome, Dawg. On the right of St. Bruno is a Dunhill "Choice Blend" 5 pack--you get London Mix, 965, Elizabethan, Nightcap, and EMP.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
My wife is heading through heathrow in a few days. Does anyone have any updates on if this place still exists?

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
A little web searching and I answered my own question. It is still on the heathrow map. Now I just need to convince my wife it is worth while to stop in.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It had no Condor or any pipe tobacco when I went through there in January and the same last month but if your into RYO they have every kind of lung rot available.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Ahh thanks for the tip. I'll pass on getting my wife to take a look then.

ormazd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2018
Virginia, USA
It had no Condor or any pipe tobacco when I went through there in January and the same last month but if your into RYO they have every kind of lung rot available.
I'll have a 4 hour layover at Heathrow next month. Has anyone checked out duty free for pipe tobacco there in the last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.