PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Estate bought off of Smokingpipes.com
Sat there for a while, and I am surprised no one snatched it up, as it was under $50.
The description mentioned "slight scratches on bowl" which I am unable to find, and it appears to be virgin.
Wow.
img20130208141436.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thats a really nice looking pipe. I have yet to venture down the estate path, cant wait until im more comfortable to do so. Congrats!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I have bought two estates from smokingpipes. Both came out nicely, although the first had a very loose stem and that wasn't mentioned in the description. I fixed it easy enough, but it should have been indicated. I imagine they would have refunded if I would have pushed it, but it was not that big of a deal, all in all.
The Comoys above I am pleased with so far, but I have yet to smoke it. It really is in 100% condition, although they rated in 4.8 out of 5 on their scale.
It is a gamble, but I think the online vendors are a bit safer in this regard than Ebay.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I love that shape too, I think I'm going to save up for a bit now and find a really nice estatein the next few months. I have so much tobacco and I've bought 8 mid level pipes so far so I'm going to work through what are my favorite tobaccos before I go for a really nice pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.