PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
At one time I thought they were a "gotta have", 29 years ago. But I don't think they are as good as perceived, nothing special to me, just good.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
I'm having a Comoy's Oastleton 215 restored right now. It's hard to find much information on it, but its nice and I hope it will be a great smoker once restored.
I must admit that Comoy's Blue Riban are some of the most beautiful classical pipes I've ever seen; mainly due to the grain and stain. Never owned one though, but would like to. :puffy:
Comoy_Castleton_1_zps1330d918.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The older, pre-Cadogan pipes smoke wonderfully. I just sold two, to acquire this 499 Extraordinaire (will do a post on it next).

Aug 1, 2012
I have an old Comoy Patina that smokes beautifully. If they all smoke like that, I'll be buying a few more.
I also have a Gresham Giant (Comoy sub-brand/second) that is just down the list to restore as well as a Disney World pipe by Comoy that should be restored fairly soon. If I remember, I'll give you the verdict on them when they're ready.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I only have three, but I absolutely love them all!
comoys.jpg

I know the stems need some help on two of them.
From front to back -
Foreground - Sandblast Sterling Silver - 1965 - 48 years old

Middle - Tradition - 1950 - 63 years old

Background - Grand Slam - 1933 - 80 years old

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Glad to see some green on the stems of the Pros/Experts! Make me feel better. Beautiful pipes.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I absolutely love my 3 Comoy's. They smoke fantastic. All three are dedicated to English style tobacco blends, the Sandblast is dedicated to Orientals (e.g., Squadron Leader), while the Grand Slam is dedicated to Balkans.
comoys.jpg

From Front to Back
1) Comoy's "The Everyman" Pipe in Shape #337 (Made in England) - ca. 1970s

2) Comoy's "Grand Slam" Pipe in Shape #185F (Made in London England, in a circle) - ca. 1950s

3) Comoy's "Sandblast" Pipe in Shape #484 (Made in London England, in two lines) - ca. 1950s

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I have two Comoy's, One bent and the other is a straight. The straight smokes wonderful, have to work the tobacco alot more with the bent but it's still a good smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.