PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Finally back state side and made my first trip to a Antique store. I found quite a few pipes, a Kaywoodie, and a Medico neither had a stem so I didn't purchase either. I found a booth with five pipes I didn't see a brand just countries they were made. Those pipes were 20 each, so I didn't bother with them ATT. However the very first one I found was a Comoy that looked pretty nice just needed some cleaning. However after not being able to work on pipes for so long, I forgot so much. I have a 3 wheel buffer attachment I made for my lathe. The first is tripoli on a sewn cotton wheel, the second is carnuaba loose cotton wheel, and the last is a loose flannel wheel with nothing currently on it. Does anyone have anytips on the wheels?
Before

Current

Still have to finish this up and polish it.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
That's a really fine looking vintage Comoy's Tradition prince. Should restore up nicely. Don't forget to degut the insides, the shank especially on these old estates needs a lot of attention. Don't skimp on the alcohol, Qtips and cleaners. Lol. I always find the pride in a restoration project, bringing life back to an old pipe, bonds the pipe to its new master all the more strongly. Congrats and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.