PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
First post I have made in this forums and would first like to add I love it here and have found a lot of useful and interesting information here. I just wanted to see if any of you have bought and or seen the Comoy, pipes made in Italy. I would be the first to say I have a few of them as my everyday smoking pipes and love them. They are built and smoke great and you can find them for like 50-60 bucks. Great pipe. One of the things I love most about them is that a lot of the bent pipes are not fully bent so it hangs great on the jaw. I fish a lot so I need to be able to use both my hands at times. Figure I share the info and tell you guys to give them a shot.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to the site Surfmac211,

Post so photos, I don't think I've ever seen a comoy pipe.

I look forward to your posts.

Have a great weekend.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Welcome Surfmac,

I don't think I have seen any Comoy's from Italy. I have one from England, and it's one of my favorites.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Hi Surfmac211,
I've been wondering about Comoy's since I've been seeing them on smokingpipes.com. I'm glad you made mention of them, since I've been thinking about buying one.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/comoys/index.cfm
I'd read on pipes.org or somewhere quite some time ago that Comoy's was a brand that suffered a dip in quality due to a switch in management, but had returned to making better pipes, though it has been hard to rebound from a such a hit to their reputation.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Actually Dudley thats where I purchased mine at. I have not really seen them in any of my local stores and my cousin has a good friend at smokingpipes and he turned me on to them. About 4 to 5 months ago when I went to buy my first from there they had about 72 new Comoy

pipes and in about a week they were sold out of them so I figured they must be making some people happy and tried it out. I have been looking around other places and cant really find many of the Italian made ones, but just a lot of British ones. I'm looking for my usb cord for my camera to post a couple of mine up but in the mean time that website has the exact ones I have. I got the bent Dublin, a apple, and a bent billiard.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Welcome to the forum Surfmac211.

I've only smoked family era Comoy's. I didn't care for the Cadogon pipes. I may have to try the Italian ones.

That is if I can get away from my Peterson's.

Status
Not open for further replies.