PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Just would be curious to know what others think about this tobacco. I just opened a tin and have had a few bowls.

I really like it.

Your thoughts and comments help me.

May 4, 2015
Not sure what happened when I originally posted this. Anyway:
It makes a cameo appearance in my avatar!
It's (pretty much) universally loved and revered. If you like it, you're in good company.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
This is a blend enjoyed by many including myself. It's a blend that I have started to amass in my cellar. :puffy:

May 4, 2015
Pylorns Tweeted something disturbing about our beloved Escudo earlier in the week. I asked for clarification, but no reply. Maybe he will see this and drop some knowledge.
This is all I'll say until more information becomes available, as I don't want to spread rumors or misinformation.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks folks! I have two tins. Maybe I will stuff one tine away for a year but I don't think it will last that long. I also bought an ounce of McClelland 2020 Mature Flake and really enjoy it as well. I'm thinking I will have to buy some more as it is almost all gone now.

I will have to try the Stokkerbye as suggested.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Escudo discussions abound. I got some back when I was still very new to this game.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/i-messed-up-and-smoked-escudo

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like it okay, but like Acadian Perique, Elizabethan, and Luxury Bullseye Flake better.

jamesrsmithjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2015
Escudo, more then good, some have mentioned a lack of consistency, I have not seen it so far. PS LBEF is cavendish forward where Escudo has none.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I'm a little overwhelmed with all the tobacco choices.

I think I'm gravitating to the types you guys have mentioned. I don't quite know why.
I'm a coffeeholic and I like strong, French roast coffee etc..Maybe that has something to do with it.

I guess time will tell.
Sablebrush, I didn't realize what that is a nicotine buzz. I feel a bit woozy too after a bowl.

I'm just a new guy so all these things are quite new.

May 4, 2015
I smoke my Virginia with tea and my Latakia with coffee. Coffee is too strong with Escudo et. al. for me to enjoy it.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I am sipping a nice cup of tea as I type. Slurp, type, correct, dam! more slurping. I always drink my tea in a tea cup. My dad was from England and that is how he taught me to drink tea. "Son," he would say, "Only colonials and savages drink tea in a mug." So since I was old enough to drink tea it has always been in a cup but that's just the way I was taught to drink tea."

Dang! I just thought of something. I have never drank either. Hmmm, Maybe it's time to try something else.

Some of my friends are always talking about a finger of single malt.

How about a finger of Bushmills Irish 16 year old along with a bowl of tobacco?
I wonder how that would be.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Maybe not, I say go for it! The best bowls I smoke are either with a glass of Johnny Walker Blue or Basil Hayden's! You never know until you experience it yourself.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks folks. Dulgunz, I have no idea what that is.

I've copied all the tobacco suggestions and made a document of brands to try.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
You guys are making me sad...
I have some kind of sensitivity to Perique. It burns me so bad while it tastes so good!
I smoked a bowl (yet again) tonight. I keep thinking that I'll be alright if I just go slow enough. Nope. I'm in pain. Stupid me.
It does taste good, though!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Escudo is my all time favorite; I've not smoked anything more other than Dark Flake. The flavor is quite complex thanks to the marriage made in heaven of the VA and the perique. I don't there are two tobaccos that compliment each other more than they. It's always a treat and I never tire of it. I have quite a bit cellared, and it ages well.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I don't care for Escudo but I always buy several tins every year because it makes great trade bait when I'm swapping for Lat forward blends.
Just mention that you have a few tins of Escudo with a year or two of age and grown men start to weep.
Pathetic.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.