PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Is there a pipe maker known for colored acrylic stems? I really want a pipe with a blue or green stem with the white "smoke" in it. Having a hard time finding many pipes with the colored stem other than the the Savinelli Favorites. Any help or links would be appreciated!

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Savinelli is the only "major" company that comes to mind. I have also seen a couple of pipes on ebay with colored stems, so you might try that. I am sure if you sent an email to your favorite online shop they could tell you as well.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Uncle A for sure. I think I've seen quite a few Mario Grandis with colored stems, might not be the style you're looking for though.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Always look at Ardor, this is my Giove 2003, never EVER saw another with the extra blue band !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Its Blue with the white swirl in it.

Ardors tend to be on the pricey side
Tom

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I got a green pipe with a green swirl stem from Boswell's for St Pats day last year. As said before if you ask around someone will accomadate you, especially Unclearthur.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
Stephen Downie and Trevor Talbert both use a variety of colored stems in their creations.
Adam Davidson also works with a variety of stem materials. Here is a pipe with a Celluloid stem

almondsf.jpg

Jack Howell also works with acrylic and Bakelite and is quite accommodating on commissions. Here is one with antique Bakelite

clamsf.jpg

Steve Morrisette has a material called chalezite that only he uses to my knowledge that is wonderful and comes in a variety of colors Here are two of mine:

smyt%252520Altered.jpg

Buff-YachtsmanSF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.