PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
Hey everyone,
I see a posting about a Denver area club (from about 2 days ago), and then much further down the page (with the last post being 8 months ago) a thread about Colorado Springs members.
I'm not intending on starting a club or anything (despite posting under clubs, but it seemed the most appropriate spot) but I thought it might be nice for all Colorado pipe smokers to post in this thread, and maybe by seeing where we all are, what we are interested in, what shops or clubs we've frequented or tried, who knows what might come out of it? Maybe we'd get a get together set up for Pipes Magazine forum members from Colorado.
Myself, I live in Monument, and I just know of Stag Tobacconists in Colorado Springs, though I haven't been. I did see a cigar club/store in Monument over by Rosie's Diner, and while it looks really nice, they are cigar only.
If there's no interest in this kind of a thing, that's fine too, I won't take offense. I just noticed I would catch hints of Coloradoans in other posts, and I started thinking hmmm, there seem to be a lot of us here.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I grew up in Boulder, but I've been living elsewhere for the past seven years. On my last visit in February I visited Edwards Pipe Shop in Englewood. It was a very nice, they have the largest pipe tobacco selection I've seen at a B&M. Its a definite stop for me next time im in town. Additionally they had tinned and bagged Penzance when I was there, if any of you CO folks are Penzophiles.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I live in Littleton and the only place I go to is Edwards in Englewood. Honestly if you haven't been you owe it to yourself to go. Great selection of pipes, tinned & bulk tobacco. Plus, they have a great sitting area in the back. Just about everywhere else around here is just a cigar shop and thats mainly because Edwards has the market.
I used to go to Nickel Cigar off of Chatfield & Pierce but there pipe tobacco selection has dwindled down to a few jars of house blends only. But, if your bored in a pinch its still a great group of gentlemen who will strike a conversation when you fire up a pipe in the midst of the cigar filled patrons.
Plus! I was in the ARC thrift store the other day on Bowles (across from southwest mall) and they did have a handsome cigar humidor in the front case for sale if any of my fellow natives are interested.
Would love to meet and have a smoke with some fellow pipe smoking gents.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
Just a quick reminder. Stag Tobacconist in Co Springs is hosting their monthly pipe club meeting tonight, Tuesday the 25th at 7pm. I live in Parker, a 50 mile drive one-way, and always make the meetings. The shop is well worth the drive and I encourage everyone in the Denver area to try to make the event. The shop is very nice, with a 1000 sq. ft. cigar humidor and a separate humidor room just for pipe tobacco! Great selection of pipes, comfortable seating area, decent prices. Very pipe oriented. Probably the nicest store in CO (IMHO).
Tonight the special is 15% off new merchandise and bigger savings on existing stock.
http://www.stagtobacconist.net/index.html
As always, refreshments will be served.
See you there!
CACooper

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Edwards is amazing. Their tinned tobacco selection is great because most of the tins have been in there for a long time. I found a 1999 McClelland Va 27 last trip. And they have some really decent estates as well. Not to mention the smoking lounge is pretty cool.
I would also like to say that Cigars on Sixth is one of the best B&M's I've ever seen.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Arvada represent here. +1 for Edwards. I went to the one in Fort Collins while I was visiting. I was expecting the same selection but apparently the only affiliation is the name. They deal mostly with cigars due to the college. Edwards in Englewood is the bomb!

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
Me thinks I am going to need to hit both Stag and Edwards in the near future. And I just may need to make a point to hit the monthly meeting at some point.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
+1 for Edwards....don't live in CO any more (grew up in Idaho Springs and Boulder), but when I visit I make it a point to go there. If anyone gets by there and they have any Penzance, I'd make it worth your while to send me some :puffy:....can't find any around here or online

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Aurora born and raised.
If anyone gets by there and they have any Penzance, I'd make it worth your while to send me some
Agreed. Edwards is the best! Great shop!
Edwards had about 15 tins of Penzance a few months back. I went in there a couple of weeks ago and they were gone. He didn't know when he'd be able to get more.
I did buy his last tin of "Old Ironsides" though so the trip wasn't a complete bummer. :D

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Slowly making my way through older threads - trying not to necropost too much. New smoker and new forum member, living in Denver, so far have only been to Prince Philip's, just outside of the DTC.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
I hope it's ok to bump this old thread instead of making a new one. I'm a new forum member, been smoking a pipe for about a year. I also go to Edwards, and I live in Castle Rock- between Denver and CO Springs. I'd like to meet other pipe smokers in the area and swap tobacco. Does anyone know of a pipe club in the area?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
There's a club that meets at Delaney's Pub in downtown Denver (2nd Thursday of the month) - The League of Denver Pipe Smokers. Sadly, my Thursdays are almost always booked and I have yet to make it to an event.
And I still have yet to make it to Edwards. Maybe sometime this month...

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
Centennial Tobacco-holic here, I too cannot make the Thurs nite meetings. Besides fri afternoon and the odd sat don't have much free time.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I'm still in Colorado, however I have relocated to Elizabeth close to Castle Rock. There was some plans to start a new club a year or two ago, unfortunately nothing ever happened. If anything starts up I am in.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
I had a chance to sit and smoke in the lounge at Edward's on Broadway today. It was my first time enjoying it and I had a great time. It's a nice place to enjoy a smoke with new friends in a relaxed, nostalgic atmosphere. If anyone hasn't had a chance I would heartily recommend it. The guys there (cigar smokers today) said it is full of pipe smokers on Thursday and Saturday mornings.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I'm in Loveland and the Edwards in Fort Collins is a bust. The one and only visit, they had a dozen tins and some bulk. Price for a 2oz C&D tin was $19. Ill stick with 4noggins thank you.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Edwards is a great place with a great atmosphere. They are also a great place to go to if repairs are needed to one of your pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.