Cold Start to 2014

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by piperl12
  • Latest reply from piperl12
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good Morning everyone, Happy 2014! It's been a cold start to 2014. We ran out of propane yesterday. Me not being attentive over the holidays. So looks like it's going to be a cold day and night tomorrow. Mother natures a b$tch too its -27c out today.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. rockymtnsmoker

rockymtnsmoker

Login to Send PM

Shite Piper! Hope you have a fireplace to get a little warmth going. Happy New Year to you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Rockyisland we have a woodstove but pretty much depleted that when the power was out before Christmas so it's blankets and space heaters till tomorrow. Then I'm changing propane suppliers these idiots have a 5 day delivery.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That bites Rob, stay warm and have a good day.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks man, more fuel to the fire to come back to the city. I am getting to old for this BS Happy New Years!

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

In 1987, Jacksonville FL was brought to it's knees by 1/2" of snow, covering ice, on all the roads and bridges. It was down to the teens in temperature. I also ran out of heating oil that night. I woke up and screamed when my feet hit the hardwood floors. Then I found ice in the toilet.

Piper112, If it is dangerous, find a motel, or stay with a friend. Ask around for wood and someone might have some. Don't let an inconvenience turn into a disaster.

Winton

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Winton I think we'll be ok, we have a bush full of tree's if it becomes desperate and I have a good chainsaw. Really just miffed at the attitude of the propane company right now. Five days in the wintertime i think is unreasonable. Can't tell me everyone on their list is out. It's like it's punishment for forgetting to check. Thanks for the support guys, just needed to vent.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jaytex969, elpfeife, 64alex, canucklehead, craig61a, oldtoby, trudger, yuda, gerryp, lightxmyfire, bluegrassbrian, rsobel993, ajohnb, lochinvar