PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I received a grab-bag of Missouri Meerschaum Cobs today! And of course a forever stem!
20130129_180358.jpg

20130129_180437.jpg

20130129_180447.jpg

My forever stem from Walker Briar Works
20130129_180415.jpg

The worst looking cob in the bag.
Mm cobs for $30, stem for $24 = $64 shipped. $6.40 per pipe is not bad.
On top of that, it was 70 degrees today! So I smoked a cob and had a sweet tea. Im ready for summer.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
I saw that grab bag but was off put on the possibility of getting a pipe that is unsmokable. How is the consistency of quality? I heard something about glue being in the mini cobs, are any of these you received like that?

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
How is the consistency of quality? I heard something about glue being in the mini cobs, are any of these you received like that?
These are, of course, cheap pipes. That said, all of mine look smokable and only one has a noticeable cosmetic flaw.
I'm smoking one now, and they actually smoke pretty well I'm pleased with them and would buy a bag of seconds again. I think it's a good way to get some cobs at a discount. Most look like they should be firsts to me.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Yes I saw that a few weeks ago, but the mini cob found with glue inside just got me thinking, personally wouldn't smoke out of that one. Awesome deal though!! Will definitely go through this company for either their individual cobs or this grab bag :puffpipe:

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Yes, I think any MM cob is worth a shot.
I did find a "dot" of glue on one bowl, but it was easily removes with a fingernail. No residue left. It was more cosmetic than anyhing.
Edit: just realized I'm smoking a cob, barefoot in jeans and a flannel jacket. Lol! I like this look :puffy:

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
When i ordered a grab bag of cobs a few months ago every single one was smokeable and in near perfect condition with the faintest of cosmetic blemishes.
Love my cobs! Smoking from my General right now.

joshwolftree

I think out of two bags I've gotten one that wasn't smokable right out of the bag(not including pulling the filters) and it was just a minor flaw where the wooden stem met the bowl(bit of a gap around the top), coulda fixed it, got plenty of suggestions on here on how to fix it, wound up saving the plastic stem scrapping the bowl cause I felt lazy, and considering 60 bucks for 19 pipes to be a pretty good deal. mostly legends a few bigger ones I haven't gotten any minis or hardwoods in mine but I suppose it happens from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.