PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
While I go over my pipes again seeing what I have acquired, sold, restored and love, I find a strange little pocket of goodness. Club/contest pipes for clubs/contests in which I have never participated. One is an old #pipes sandblast billiard, another is a Stokers Haven Inaugural Year 2002 and 2 are Kaywoodie Christmas pipes. They all smoke like a dream and cost relatively little but I do feel a bit like the guy who buys a jacket and sews some patches on so he can join a motorcycle club. At the same time I don't think I really care. They are all nice pipes so who cares what they were originally for? In the end I guess it doesn't really matter but it does cause me to pause and wonder if it's something that I should think about.
Oh well, I guess it's time for a beer and a smoke and to hell with this sophist's exercise.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
to hell with this sophist's exercise
Now, now, there's nothing wrong with a little armchair analysis! I think it's important to take stock of the collection and to let your pipes tell you stories. Now if they start giving you orders... Well, then, run like hell.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.