PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Was Bushogging a steep levee today and side support pin on Bushhog came off, Fortunately I had safety chains welded to each side, had a little too much slack in them but I was able to shut it down, Hot Poker wouldn't have penetrated anus I"ll tell you. Wife bitched at me all day saying You're Too Damn Old for that. Won't tell her she's right. LOL

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hot Poker wouldn't have penetrated anus I"ll tell you. Wife bitched at me all day saying You're Too Damn Old for that. Won't tell her she's right. LOL
lol! Glad you're okay Bradley - sounds pretty scary I have to say.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Holy crap! Glad you managed to stay wheels down Bradley, sounds like a sticky situation. At first when I read "hot poker" though I was picturing a pipe... really disturbing thought however you consider it.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Glad to hear you're alright sir...and hopefully by this time tomorrow, it'll unclench for you!

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Careful Brad, we gotta admit when we just aren't conditioned for some activities. As much as I hate it, I'm learning to call on younger men to help with certain tasks.
Glad you ok!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bush Hog? As a city boy, the best I can figure is that you were pulling some sort of rotary cutter.

I'm glad to hear you're safe and in one piece. :clap:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Close call, Bradley! Glad you're alright, try to take it easy, we want you around for a good long time.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I'm with Cortez on this one, what the heck is bushogging? I think it was Burt Reynolds as THE BANDIT who said "how dumb you are, depends on where you are standing at in the country". As I admit I feel dumb on this one.

But either way I'm glad your okay, and didnt get anal probed!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Doc a Bushhog is a big heavy rotary mower pulled with a PTO from Tractor to a gearbox on the mower , they are dangerous and have maimed and killed people, I had the foresight to weld chains on Bushhog to tractor arms so if the very thing happened it would not rear up and chop tractor and me, what made it bad I was at an extreme angle and it came up fast and made the pucker factor 10+.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Don't tell the Wife about the Pucker Power, or she will say "I told you so!" She might be right but don't let her know. I am getting to old for half of the crap I have to do, I just won't quit. Glad you are OK Sir!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Doc Watson, the late great guitarist and singer, lost his son in a tractor accident. I know from trying to keep

up with my wife's cousin checking fencing on their cattle farm on a AWD vehicle that it ain't driving a car.

Most roads are designed to protect drivers from themselves in keeping them on a grade that won't roll them

over. Once you're off the pavement, you have to be your own road engineer and make your own judgements

what will and won't roll you over, and the machinery on top of you. We were two feet in mud beside a fast

running springtime river, and I was getting ready to swim for it. Add mowing gear, and I don't even want to

think about it. Glad you worked through it Brad. Whew. Good foresight on chaining the gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.