(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by rmbittner
  • Latest reply from ffmurray
  1. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a quick question:

On other ad-supported sites, users are always being encouraged to reach the sponsors' sites by clicking from the site, as opposed to just plugging the address into their browser. That way, advertisers can get solid numbers on how well their ads are generating traffic from each site on which they advertise. They can see if something's working or not.

I can't recall ever seeing this advice officially presented on the forums here. That is, that it helps this site most when folks reach the sponsors by clicking from PipesMagazine. Goodness knows, we're constantly reminding folks to visit the sponsors. But would it be better if we -- and the site owners -- stressed the importance of getting there from the the PipesMagazine home?

Bob

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipesmagazine.com is my home page and I always click through to the sponsors via the site, just easier I think.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I order, I always thank a sponsor for their support of Pipesmagazine.com. Can't think of the last time when I ordered from a non-sponsor.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

That's the best idea I've heard all day ... even after going to the dentist and being reminded to floss every day.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Interesting point. I, too, recommend many of the sponsors here and buy from them myself, but I almost always just open a new window to get to them and rarely click on any of the ads here.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never thought of that, Kevin forgive me!

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Just don't let it happen again Eric.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kevin:

Not sure this actually got answered yet: Is there a direct benefit for either you or the sponsors (in terms of market information or cents-per-click revenue) to click on ads here rather than just open another window and visit their sites?

Bob

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. ffmurray

ffmurray

Login to Send PM

Haven't ordered online yet but will use pm to get to the site and thank them for their support

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   petes03, sidious, edwinbaz, dread, kozzman555, bluesmk, mrgunnar177, hittelusedpipes, masspiper, darwin, sdcowboy, ocpsdan, mephistopheles, curl, jetcap77