Clearing Snow in Front of House (Full Crew)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Three large maintainers showed up to clear the road in front of my house. I took some pictures but I haven't downloaded them yet. The first had hydralics that allowed the plow to be a V or reverse V. He would build up speed and slam into the 4 foot of snow until the shear mass stopped him then he would back up and have another go. It probably took him a dozen attempts just to do the area in front of my house. He then went to work on the end of the street around the stop sign etc. This took over a half an hour.
As soon as he made a path down the road a road grader type showed up and it took him about 30 to 40 passes to move the snow off the road. (I think the worst drifts in the county were in front of my house.) And lastly a third maintainer showed up to clear around the entrance to my drive and around the mailboxes across the street. He was at his job for a good half hour. Finally I spent 20 minutes with my snowblower cleaning up and digging the mail boxes out the rest of the way.
The piled up snow in front of my house is about 5 ft. plus, and across the street it is higher than the stop sign, except where they did additional cleaning so the sign would be visible.
I am surrounded by three mountain ranges, The Tetons, The Wyoming Range, and the Big Hole Range. We had two days of high winds and snow, with more snow expected any minute. I live here by choice, so I'm not complaing, but this storm was a doozy, I couldn't even walk the pooch, I could only let him out in the back yard, and he had a ball.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have thrown in the towel on this winter. Old Man Winter is the better man this year, even if he is a colossal asshole!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
This year it's been cold (averaging -35c) but the snow hasn't been to bad. Last year we had a record winter with over 150" of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.