Tags:   

Cleaning a Meerschaum

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by pipenscotch
  • Latest reply from condorlover1
  1. pipenscotch

pipenscotch

Login to Send PM

How do you do it after each smoke? I heard wiping the inside of the bowl with a paper towel is a good way to do it, helps the cake to not build up excessively.

“The fact is, Squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It’s the poor man’s friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth.”
    -”Sam Slick, The Clockmaker”
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I do exactly that. After a bowl I twist a paper towel and clean the bowl. I then remove the stem once cool and run a pipe cleaner through the stem and shank. Easy Peasey.

Jason
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke the older boys so I always put the pipe cleaners that I get from Shaintiques down the stem. I wipe the bowls out with a pipe cleaner after doing the stem and then I de-coke the bowls once every other month. It seems to have worked for me for years but always be on the look out for dimples in the bowl or dark spots out side as thats an indication of over reaming and we are not talking about the wife here!

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   pepesdad1, trouttimes, acidpox, ssjones, sasquatch, chasingembers, olkofri, ben88, oldgeezersmoker